Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like I'm at Disney in line on a balmy, triple digit day while the air conditioner isn't working and there is no water in sight. Everyone around me is frustrated and the people who paid extra pass us up to get to the front of the line before they run out of ice. Now I know I can step out of line and sit in the shade. There may be melted ice cream all over the place but I can do it. I can also take a tram out to my vehicle and go jump in the ocean. I think I just might hang out here and watch the folks in line get more and more frustrated and hostile with each other though. It only makes sense. I guess I'm fortunate that I consider myself fortunate that I didn't need a down payment and my reservation deposit was already refunded when I converted. As a construction worker who changes jobs and often contractors when one job ends, I am a little anxious that my delivery date will fall between jobs and I won't have sufficient income to make the deal. I am tired of standing in this stagnant and hostile line though
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, and there's Vin guilt for those of us fortunate to have scored... Especially when we know we jumped the line. I feel very sad for all the others... It really isn't fair. But I will take my ride.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, and there's Vin guilt for those of us fortunate to have scored... Especially when we know we jumped the line. I feel very sad for all the others... It really isn't fair. But I will take my ride.
No VIN guilt here but I also didn't jump the line...

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think I would feel guilt. For many it seems luck is on their side. The longer mine is pushed back, the more experienced the assembly crew become and more bugs get ironed out. Hell, I can't even opt in to a soft top so I might as well relax and keep my tow package on my build. Just breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That evaporated pretty quickly after the whining started.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No VIN guilt here but I also didn't jump the line...
Nope & Me neither. I'm just a regular guy that treats others as I want to be treated. A Basic thing my momma taught me so many years ago. Another thing my Dad taught me, don't worry and whine about shit you can't control. And if you can control it... Stop your God damn whining and do something about it...
Ford Bronco Forum member behavior cat-have-a-good-day

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like I'm at Disney in line on a balmy, triple digit day while the air conditioner isn't working and there is no water in sight. Everyone around me is frustrated and the people who paid extra pass us up to get to the front of the line before they run out of ice. Now I know I can step out of line and sit in the shade. There may be melted ice cream all over the place but I can do it. I can also take a tram out to my vehicle and go jump in the ocean. I think I just might hang out here and watch the folks in line get more and more frustrated and hostile with each other though. It only makes sense. I guess I'm fortunate that I consider myself fortunate that I didn't need a down payment and my reservation deposit was already refunded when I converted. As a construction worker who changes jobs and often contractors when one job ends, I am a little anxious that my delivery date will fall between jobs and I won't have sufficient income to make the deal. I am tired of standing in this stagnant and hostile line though
I love the analogy, so great! I could totally picture everything you were describing. As far as securing the deal, with the inventory shortage of new vehicles and both the dealers and Ford mothership needing to make numbers, I’m certain they’ll do nearly anything to make the deal happen.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hang in there... it’ll all work out in the end. I’m a 23rd hour res but I’ve opted for every sin and am just waiting it out until I can’t any longer. I also don’t hold anything against those who are fortunate enough to have their VIN already either. It just is what it is, whining and bitching just aren’t in my nature on these sort of things.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope & Me neither. I'm just a regular guy that treats others as I want to be treated. A Basic thing my momma taught me so many years ago. Another thing my Dad taught me, don't worry and whine about shit you can't control. And if you can control it... Stop your God damn whining and do something about it...
cat-have-a-good-day.gif

[/QUOTE
Am I happy I received a build week and VIN? Absolutely! I'm sorry that the site on reveal night was jacked up but I kept at it for almost 3 hours until I made my reservation. I have zero sympathy for those that gave up and tried again later on. Unbeknownst to me and only after I joined this forum 4 months later I found out that the timestamp would be a factor. To your point there were only two ways to deal with it, accept the situation for what it is or move on. It seems both camps are prevalent on the forum. Covid has had an unprecedented effect on our world.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no guilt at all because I got a vin the other day and I didn't jump the line. It's a freaking car. Sure we have been put through the ringer with this, but it's Not like I am getting a kidney that someone desperately needs. People need to relax and get their shit together

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That evaporated pretty quickly after the whining started.
I joined in November when I was trying to figure out how to reserve one and the wining even then was worse than the worst old Ford Power steering pump.

Now it is almost like there is a slipping belt too...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.