Sponsored

Found a Bronco for sale - would you buy?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was browsing dealer pages to see what was available in my area. Found a similar build to mine and emailed the dealer, he’s going to call me in the morning. Not sure if there’s a markup or what the story is but he didn’t say no. My question is, should I try to pick up this build or wait for mine? Essentially giving up Lux and Sasquatch. Same color, optional wheels with KO2’s, high, soft top. If it had one of the two Lux/Squatch I would pounce - but starting to get impatient and don’t want to regret settling down the road. What say you?

603E8971-89F2-4810-9511-DFE46A9BF0A3.jpeg
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean you really only get heated steering and adaptive cruise control in lux. Sure you get B&O but it's reportedly not stellar, and you can swap out speakers really easily. And the only other thing is the wireless charger, but I'm betting you could fix that too.

Oh and Sasquatch with Badlands just seems excessive

Just the lowly opinion of a Mid BD guy though

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy it if you have the opportunity. My 2¢. I did and I haven’t been upset with any compromise I implemented on my choice.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you can live with it and they don't slap a big ADM on it, go for it. At least you'll have a Bronco. It could be long wait to get what you really wanted. That said, I'll wait. It's either exactly what I want or not at all.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every Ford dealership in my area has at least one Bronco in inventory now, they're all asking more than $10K over sticker price.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO you're not giving up much, but both Lux and Squatch I purposely declined so I value them differently.

That said, even if it was my exact build I'm not sure I would do it. It feels like after all the ups and downs I would be disappointed if I didn't have MINE in the end.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Reads window sticker*

2021 - cool… makes sense
4-DOOR-errrrr NOPE!!!

uhhh no thank you!

You have soft top on your order?! Just wait it out for Lux and Sasquatch. Seriously. Sasquatch is amazing!!!
Switched to soft top to try and get a build date. My car was fine a year ago but repairs are starting to stack up and getting impatient with the lack of updates. This isn’t the exact truck but not sure I’m in love with the look of cactus/optional wheels/soft top. Seems like giving up too much after waiting this long. Especially considering I’ve never purchased a new vehicle before. Was looking forward to the build/delivery process.
6B13EE51-C900-4F9F-A5F2-3618E44A9FD2.jpeg

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That said, even if it was my exact build I'm not sure I would do it. It feels like after all the ups and downs I would be disappointed if I didn't have MINE in the end.
That’s where I’m at. I want my baby, not someone else’s leftovers. But it’s tempting with the current state of affairs at MAP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every Ford dealership in my area has at least one Bronco in inventory now, they're all asking more than $10K over sticker price.
Some of the panicking people here will grab those in a hurry. If production is shut down for any extended length of time, you'll see more of this and the dealers will sell every one they can get their hands on.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Switched to soft top to try and get a build date. My car was fine a year ago but repairs are starting to stack up and getting impatient with the lack of updates. This isn’t the exact truck but not sure I’m in love with the look of cactus/optional wheels/soft top. Seems like giving up too much after waiting this long. Especially considering I’ve never purchased a new vehicle before. Was looking forward to the build/delivery process.
Ford Bronco Found a Bronco for sale - would you buy? 6B13EE51-C900-4F9F-A5F2-3618E44A9FD2
If the ADM isn’t bad, I would jump all over it! That’s a sweet ride right there

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if I decide to pass I’ll share where it’s at. Bracing myself for ADM but their message sent me MSRP. Same dealer has a lux/squatch outer banks listed for 10k over sticker. Not sure if it’s a customer order or what. It’s silver with navy pier or I might give it a look.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have your original build, basically. 4 door badlands, cactus gray, lux, squatch etc.. If it were me, I would wait. Thats a significantly different vehicle.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered that BL in A51 and beadlock upgrade rims with high package. I wish I ordered a 2.7 too, so much as I was looking for a backed out order like you. Only difference is mine has been built and today just got an ETA. At this point I can get a tune and be happy down the road, if I still feel I need it after driving it.

Where are you at on the wait for 2021? You can easily get a small lift and put some 35’s to get you half there. What part of the Lux do you want most from the high package? I would definitely get it, especially if you don’t have a build date, if it’s not over MSRP, or over it to a point you feel it’s not worth it. I have a really bad feeling about our economy and resources in the coming months and possibly years.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

False alarm. It was a sold customer order. His auto reply last night was pretty slick and made it seem like he was actually responding. They don’t have any units for sale, all auto-populated listings. Doubt I would have gone for it anyway after sleeping on it.
Sponsored