Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something about the photo doesn't make sense... When you look at the website, nothings actually bolted on. It's almost as if they used double stick tape to hold the bracket on in places where there are no factory holes.

OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Something about the photo doesn't make sense... When you look at the website, nothings actually bolted on. It's almost as if they used double stick tape to hold the bracket on in places where there are no factory holes.
Give them a call I guess

JBMontclair

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4 Door - BD - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The top photo with the plate relocated to bottom is shown in a different place than the closup photo at bottom which would block what i believe is the collision sensor and is further up on the bumper

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The top photo with the plate relocated to bottom is shown in a different place than the closup photo at bottom which would block what i believe is the collision sensor and is further up on the bumper
It all comes down to the bumper style and placement. These photos seem to be of a regular bumper, not modular

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So yours can only be mounted in one place, under the bumper. Not ideal solution for everyone. Also, if for some reason you bend it when hitting something, it will be disformed. I saw someone on this forum making a similar one to yours and it didnt work for me for that reason. I guess that is why its good to have a variety out there. Thanks for the link.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So yours can only be mounted in one place, under the bumper. Not ideal solution for everyone. Also, if for some reason you bend it when hitting something, it will be disformed. I saw someone on this forum making a similar one to yours and it didnt work for me for that reason. I guess that is why its good to have a variety out there. Thanks for the link.
That's why it's easy to take off when you get to a trail head, so that you don't hit it. We designed it for easily removal for this purpose.

If you mount it higher, you block the ACC system.

Mount it off to the side you block the front parking sensors (we had a design like this, which also cleared the fog light opening, but the parking sensors kept picking up the plate).

You can always mount it above your bumper but then you're back to the factory Ford one

OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why it's easy to take off when you get to a trail head, so that you don't hit it. We designed it for easily removal for this purpose.

If you mount it higher, you block the ACC system.

Mount it off to the side you block the front parking sensors (we had a design like this, which also cleared the fog light opening, but the parking sensors kept picking up the plate).

You can always mount it above your bumper but then you're back to the factory Ford one
I didnt see any side shots. You have any pins to remove it?
I was talking accidental damage. I figure when I hit something with bracket above in original post, it will just flip back on hinges and bracket is still straigh, while yours will bend and get damaged. Of course, Im just talking about worst case scenario. Its not like we hit things on purpose all the time LOL LOL

BTW, I love the lightbar on a bumper

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didnt see any side shots. You have any pins to remove it?
I was talking accidental damage. I figure when I hit something with bracket above in original post, it will just flip back on hinges and bracket is still straigh, while yours will bend and get damaged. Of course, Im just talking about worst case scenario. Its not like we hit things on purpose all the time LOL LOL

BTW, I love the lightbar on a bumper
What are you planning to hit that close to your bumper? If you are off-roading you should remove your front plate to avoid the risk of hitting it. Our bracket sits higher actually and it's on a solid mounting surface, not a hinge. The hinge will most likely bend/brake but again if you are hitting something or have concerns about hitting something you shouldn't be running a plate on a trail.

We utilize 2 of the factory bolt locations, which you can access without removing the plate. This way you remove 2 bolts and you can remove the plate.

This is the last prototype, the new version has the plate sitting up higher (and the final one is powder coated black) along with flanged washers on the back and shorter screws.

Ford Bronco Found another front plate mount solution 1634225471479

Ford Bronco Found another front plate mount solution 1634225479283

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm rolling the dice with no front plate bracket. I'll revisit the option on this forum after I get pulled a couple times! Still shaking my head at Ford for their ridiculous front plate solution!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
30 states plus DC require a front plate. Why isn't this more seriously considered by designers? Many are in the densely populated states (Northeast and Cali) so what gives. I'd estimate 75% of registered vehicles need to tackle this dilemma.

So, which states require front license plates:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts