Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the quest to make the roof quieter for road trips, I've been looking for gaps in the roof seals. I found one that I haven't seen on the forum yet. On each side of the roof near the rear glass, this spot had enough of a gap to see through. I put a little bit of weatherstripping in there and now it's one less place making wind noise on the highway.

Ford Bronco Found another MIC hard top seal leak. Weatherstripping solution 1656266592935
Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s the weatherstripping you used?

OP
OP
carrellslake

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s the weatherstripping you used?
Basic 1/2” thick foam weatherstrip.. Found at any superstore. Squeeze it thin before inserting and it expands to fill the gap. I did the same with the front roof panels where they meet the back roof and it helped a lot.

Duck Brand Self Adhesive Foam Weatherstrip Seal for Extra Large Gaps, 3/4-In x 1/2-In x 10-Ft, 1 Roll, 284426 https://a.co/d/4Tdqog5

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really sad that we need to do these fixes. I have a 2 door and the wind noise over 35 is really unacceptable.
It’s the price you pay for a top that has multiple pieces. It will never be completely air tight due to thermal dynamics and physics. It’s also going to be louder no matter if there are air leaks or not. It’s not an aerodynamic vehicle.

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

On the quest to make the roof quieter for road trips, I've been looking for gaps in the roof seals. I found one that I haven't seen on the forum yet. On each side of the roof near the rear glass, this spot had enough of a gap to see through. I put a little bit of weatherstripping in there and now it's one less place making wind noise on the highway.

Ford Bronco Found another MIC hard top seal leak. Weatherstripping solution 1656266592935
Do you have an “after” picture? Trying to get an idea of what you did.

OP
OP
carrellslake

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have an “after” picture? Trying to get an idea of what you did.
I don’t, and it wouldn’t show much anyway. I cut off about 1.5” of 1/2-inch weatherstripping, peeled up the rubber in the red box, and shoved it in there. Now I can’t see light coming through anymore.

Deleted member 21681

I don’t, and it wouldn’t show much anyway. I cut off about 1.5” of 1/2-inch weatherstripping, peeled up the rubber in the red box, and shoved it in there. Now I can’t see light coming through anymore.
Ok, I see! (Well, you know what I mean.)
Thanks!

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess having driven a noisy 5.9 Cummins truck, a 2011 Jeep with hard or soft top, 2006 Jeep with a soft top, and a 1993 Land Cruiser that has had most of the interior panels removed for the past 15 years makes the 2 door Bronco quite quiet to me :D

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have used this Napa truck bed cap weatherstripping tape (part # 7701763) for many years to diagnose and fix leaks on my Jeep tops. Just another product to try that might help out: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7701763

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Switching back and forth from an E Class to the Bronco, I realize how quiet the E can be, but didn't think the noise in the hard top B is of any concern, and more so that the E is exceptionally quiet, which makes it that much more boring.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Doing gods work out here brother! Thank you for this

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s the price you pay for a top that has multiple pieces. It will never be completely air tight due to thermal dynamics and physics. It’s also going to be louder no matter if there are air leaks or not. It’s not an aerodynamic vehicle.
You're having a laugh, right? My JL has a 'multi section' hard top. After 2 years in the desert, still no leaks and no gaps whistling in the wind. And it's been through several Arizona monsoons. Is it louder at high speed than my wife's Land Rover? Sure. But you should never be willing to accept something that shoddy in a vehicle costing as much as a Bronco.

Sorry, but the 'What do you expect from an off road vehicle' crowd pisses me off. I expect reasonable quality! And quality at least at the level of it's stated rival.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just accepted the wind noise as normal at this point.