Sponsored

Found out We’re Having Twins! - How is the 4 Door for 2 Infant Seats?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally unrelated to cars, if you never heard of a 529 account. Google it now and sign both your little ones up. Do it!! Do it now!!!!!
A Coverdale ESA is far better than a 529.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting, I had not really looked at Coverdell ESA's. Options are good, but they seem to be limited to a maximum contribution of $2,000 per year vs the 529 you can contribute up to $16,000 per year.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! Two rear facing car seats will be a struggle.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have twins as well. Sweet little things. Both rear facing and an 8 year old. I hope it works or Momma gonna ride on the roof rack by Gobi.
Goung to get mud flaps and AMP side steps for them. I’ll get a nylon ladder for momma.

We have two kids in car seats, one 3 one 1. The 1 year old is rear facing in a convertible seat. She's behind the passenger seat. I'm 5'10 and when I passenge it's plenty of room. If she were behind the driver seat while I'm driving it'd be a little snug (I like the seat basically all the way back) but still doable. Not sure about your state but where I live they go front facing at about 2 so it's a temporary situation that would not keep me from getting a bronco. The front facing convertible seat behind me when I drive is no problem.

You have to figure out what's best for you. Find a dealer with a 4 door demo and take the car seat and try it out would be my recommendation.
:ROFLMAO:

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're gonna need an expedition! Congratulations though!
We went from explorer to expedition this past year. We are due in May w our 3rd. Wife drives the expedition. Bronco 4 door will be my daily driver. We are very happy w 2021 black on black expedition

Sponsored

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I got my bronco, I had no idea we’d be having 2 babies on the way! I am curious how parents of 2 babies have fared with the 4 door bronco? I am 6’1” , so I want to make sure I can drive at a comfortable position with the rear facing car seat in the back. Also curious how the trunk space is with having to haul stuff around without being able to put the seats down.

Thanks!
In all honesty if I’m you I am thinking of a different vehicle. Rear facing car seats sit at an incline and you’re ok till the kiddos get big enough that the seats now have to face forward. Leg room for the baby/toddler will be slim. If it were a single car seat you can always put it in the middle back seat so they have leg room near the center console.
I am 6’4” and I can sit in the back seat if I keep my knees outboard if the front seat.my opinion is Rear seat leg space is going to be gone for your twins within a year .

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We went from explorer to expedition this past year. We are due in May w our 3rd. Wife drives the expedition. Bronco 4 door will be my daily driver. We are very happy w 2021 black on black expedition
This is exactly us. We have a 2020 Expedition and it is wonderful. I have a Taurus getting replaced by the Bronco. Our twins are 10-years old now. Throw a 14-year old in the mix, they are the only reason I went with a four door.

My twin advice: It really does get easier like they say and come up with a witty comeback for all the people that see you carrying two car seats and ask, “Are they twins?” You will question the intelligence of humanity if you don’t.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a father of twins myself, I’ll just tell you any vehicles short of a minivan is going to suck with two rear facing seats in the back row. So unless you’re ready to go all out on a minivan, you’ll figure it out.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't have twins, but we had 2 rear facing car seats for a while, so I know the frustration. That said, you can always figure it out. When our boys were that young, my wife had a BMW 3 series wagon and my car was an 88 BMW 3 series 2 door. Not big cars.

It's all possible with some creativity. And a hitch cargo carrier. Now at 6 and 4 my boys love riding in the 2 door and we did replace my wife's wagon with a Mazda CX-9, which is great for the longer trips. The 4 door bronco is a very good sized vehicle, and it will be a great starting point for family adventures in just a few quick years.

I say tough it out. Get a roof rack or hitch carrier to make it work for cargo storage, and hold on tight. It's going to be a fun ride.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My twin advice: It really does get easier like they say and come up with a witty comeback for all the people that see you carrying two car seats and ask, “Are they twins?” You will question the intelligence of humanity if you don’t.
No joke. We had quite a few people ask if our BOY/GIRL twins were identical. Sometimes they would insist, "But they look so much alike!" Well, I can show you at least one major difference if you'd like... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes Coverdale ESA is a great collage savings tool. To say it is “Far better” is inaccurate as there are limitations as many do not qualify due to income restrictions. It may work for you, but not everyone. A 529 works for all adjusted income levels.

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't had twins, but I did own a very small car (Scion xD) and have very large children. when my youngest was born we used the basic version of this car seat, but I highly recommend the ZIP line because you can unzip the liners and wash them in the washing machine.

https://www.chiccousa.com/shop-our-...p-infant-car-seat---black/06079794950070.html

When he was old enough to move up to a forward facing, we used/are still using this car seat and he is 6 years old (I was waiting for the Bronco to buy the next step in booster seats for him, but Ice Mountain.) This is also one of the ZIP seats that you can remove the liner and wash it in the washing machine.

https://www.chiccousa.com/summer-tr...ertible-car-seat---carbon/06079852950070.html

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
so I have the 4 door and also 3 kids, im 6'3" and my 1 year old I have her rear facing seat on the passenger side and my 5 year old I have her booster seat behind driver side, I did however have to change booster seats because my daughters old booster was a little higher, so finding the right measurements on the car seats is somewhat important. But it will all fit.

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you can post a quick picture that would be amazing!

Do you mind telling the ages? I’d love to ‘win’ my argument with my wife. 😂
Sorry for the delay. Here's a photo. They are 4, 2.5 and 6 months. Good luck "wining". 😆

PXL_20220327_145304166~2.jpg

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting, I had not really looked at Coverdell ESA's. Options are good, but they seem to be limited to a maximum contribution of $2,000 per year vs the 529 you can contribute up to $16,000 per year.
Yeah, limit is lower, but a lot more flexible. (My kid's are at Vanguard so basically as low fee as one can get). You are allowed to have both the Coverdale and 529.
Sponsored