Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone stored their 4 doors in the cargo area with a soft top? Is it easy? It looks like the back latch can get in the way... Also, is it possible to do with the soft top down?

If anyone has any videos on this, please post
Sponsored

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally tried this myself today (after having the Bronco for a year). It's a tight squeeze, but they fit as advertised. I also have a tailgate fold-down table, but you can't really have anything thick attached to the molle panels on it.

My problem is that the final door peak is in the way of opening the soft-top to the final position. I'm looking for anyone else that has done this. I'm pretty sure I have the doors in the correct order and doesn't appear to be any gaps to push the doors closer to the back seat.

The Ford video conveniently has removed the soft top completely from the vehicle. I could try loading the doors with the soft top already in the final position, but that would be really difficult to maneuver the doors with the bar and top in the way.

Still looking to see if I've done something incorrectly.

tempImageLX0GTA.png

IMG_1273.jpg

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the soft top being supported by part of the door? I can't see how it would be safe to drive like this

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, that picture was showing that I could NOT get the soft top all the way down. No, I wouldn't drive it that way. After another hour or more, I made some adjustments and got the top all the way down. However, it was so tight that I couldn't get the top to unlock to raise it back up. I was able to slide the last door out under the bar, which removed some of the tension and then I could unlock and raise the top.

Next, I noticed that the harness orientation seemed backwards (even though it matched the video) and reversed it. Instead of the initial harness position having the diagram facing rear, I changed to it facing forward (see picture below). That provided a slight improvement in the first door's space next to the seat (on my harness, straps 1 and 2 do NOT have adjustment and strap 2 is slightly longer than strap 1). That lack of adjustment makes the first door limited on moving it forward...I even put the back seats down and that doesn't make a difference due to strap 1 and 2 fixed length.

I reloaded the other doors and then rotated the final door slightly clockwise to lower the high point (see the other picture). Then I got up on the bumper and carefully folded the top fabric around the last door bag. I was able to get the top closed and into locked position. It still barely fits and has tension on the top from the last door...but it works.

Like most people, I'll either leave the doors in the garage or at the hotel/cabin/campsite when off-roading, but it's nice to know I can do this if needed. Either that or just go with the front doors removed and harnessed so there is more room.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg
Sponsored