Sponsored

Fox Coilovers: Where are they??? (Pre-order)

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Land Cruiser, and Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anybody received their Pre-ordered Fox Coil-overs?????

i placed my order in October through Off-Road Alliance, but keep getting pushed.

Looking for some insight?? Off Road Alliance had estimated a March delivery at this point.

BTW- RPG delivered as promised on all parts!!!!!
Sponsored

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered on 11/24/21 from 4WP.

I called today and they quoted "early April." Fingers crossed.

I had contacted Fox a week or so ago and while they couldn't comment on historic orders, they did say *new* orders were looking at an Oct 2022 delivery.

OP
OP
Oregonbourne

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is pretty wild. Did you have to pay in full?

That was my deal.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife stated this weekend she’s not waiting 6-8 months for f’n shocks. Doesn't matter if they’re fox, king or whomever and cost $5-6k.

Yes, my wife said that as we were installing her RSE sliders over the weekend.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife stated this weekend she’s not waiting 6-8 months for f’n shocks. Doesn't matter if they’re fox, king or whomever and cost $5-6k.

Yes, my wife said that as we were installing her RSE sliders over the weekend.
I won't either. No one should. We need to let these companies know these wait times aren't acceptable.

Support the businesses who are willing to put in the effort and actually get their product in customer hands.

Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ETA I am getting on our order here at Shock Surplus is showing the parts should ship out on 3/7 and arrive by 3/16. The next batch is likely going out from Fox in early April, then more in mid- May, and another batch in mid-June. One thing I would say is everybody is running behind so prepare yourself just in case your parts are a little delayed. For reference March shipment, we are waiting on was supposed to come in mid-January and I believe was initially delayed because Eibach, the largest spring manufacturer in the industry, could not get spring steel of all things.

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody get their Fox coilovers yet?

OP
OP
Oregonbourne

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing here. I am most annoyed with the lack of communication through the supply chain. RPG can’t give me a straight answer on delivery of my Fox order.

Hope you get your order soon!!!!

Reactions: das

Landobando

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve heard from a reliable source that Fox is having quality issues with their springs which is causing a delay. I was told the update is now august time frame.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard from a reliable source that Fox is having quality issues with their springs which is causing a delay. I was told the update is now august time frame.
I have seen some of the powder coat on the Eibach springs Fox uses be subpar recently probably so this is probably it. All my ETAs got bumped to July so August is more than likely a safe bet

Sponsored

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen some of the powder coat on the Eibach springs Fox uses be subpar recently probably so this is probably it. All my ETAs got bumped to July so August is more than likely a safe bet
This is all BS that fox is giving you. Its on their end. I bought a set of radflo shocks because of the wait times on the fox and king stuff. Radflo uses eibach springs and I talked to them today about incorrect front shocks they sent and asked about the eibach spring problem and they said that they have no problems whatsoever getting eibach springs.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all BS that fox is giving you. Its on their end. I bought a set of radflo shocks because of the wait times on the fox and king stuff. Radflo uses eibach springs and I talked to them today about incorrect front shocks they sent and asked about the eibach spring problem and they said that they have no problems whatsoever getting eibach springs.
We have definitely heard it from Fox as well as the guys at RTR/Funhaver, but I certainly would not come to the conclusion without a fair amount of first-hand evidence. We have had a grip of Fox 2.0 coilovers come back for flaking powdercoat right out of the box in the last 2-3 weeks. Contrary to common belief the silver Fox gets on their Eibach coils is actually slightly different (or at least was) than the standard Eibach silver that you would find on a Radflo. Icon was having a similar issue with their black powedercoat and we have since seen a ton of their coilovers, particularly for WKs, be sent out with the standard Eibach silver springs instead. Fox is also using progressive coils for the Broncos, while the Radflos, as with all of their 2.5" body coilovers, should be a standard flat ground 3" ID universal coilover spring. Coilovers or struts with nonstandard coil springs have consistently been hard to get over the last year. A good example is Bilsteins 6112s. We can get Tacoma, 4runner, and FJ parts any day of the week as they come with 14" long, 3" ID universal coilover springs from Eibach, but 07-13 and 14-18 GM 1500 parts, which have a super unique coil design, have been impossible to get since late last year. Nonetheless comparing somebody like Radflo to Fox, in terms of production times is like comparing Caterham to VW group. Radflo is great, and we love them, but they produce a fraction of the parts. Fox has billion-dollar POs with Ford, Jeep, and Yota, so when Eibach says they can only produce X amount of springs by a certain date, priority goes to the OEMs.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some insight here is Radflo uses Off-the-shelf standard wound springs. The Fox units use a custom wound set up.

As someone who used to work with Eibach on products, the Off-the-shelf springs are far easier to get than custom. At the time, we switch to mostly non-custom stuff to keep orders flexible.

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this back up. Anybody received anything or heard anything. Still nada on my end.

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fox has stopped production and is doing a full redesign that should be out in December, maybe late November. They also ran into problems for the coil springs and dumped or got dumped by one of there vendors…. Just some FYI…..
Sponsored

• Wow