Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"Urban protection" just sold a bunch more units :ROFLMAO:
I know right! But when we have aluminum door panels, putting steel out first to take the hit, well it just works.

More of a by product of proper offroad sliders (that protect the radius of the doors, not just the door rockers). About every other month we get photos or a call from customers where they found a little white smudge on their sliders, then a decent round ding in the edge of the door of the car parked next to them.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nicely done! I will await the 2DR version. I am sure some here will throw shade on the U-bolt mounting system, but until proven otherwise by somebody who puts it through real world stress testing and breaks it, I think that looks like a good solution.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO the U bolt design is defiantly not the way to go. Loosing 1-2 inches of clearance along the frame in multiple spots. Strong yes but also prone to catching and getting damaged.

However I do understand it is cheaper to manufacture due to increased tolerance allowance, but wait its 1,500.

With so many options on the market, I do not see how this one offers any competitive advantage or innovation within the segment.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for including the video with footage of the underside. That was going to be my first question. I've seen other "sliders" that create extra obstruction points of sliding over rocks.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nicely done! I will await the 2DR version. I am sure some here will throw shade on the U-bolt mounting system, but until proven otherwise by somebody who puts it through real world stress testing and breaks it, I think that looks like a good solution.
Thank you. The 2D is coming for sure!

As for U-Bolts, Metal-tech 4x4 has been building sliders for over 20yrs. Back in 2003 is when we did our first U-Bolt solution for sliders on the 80 Series Landcruisers. Most of these are 7k lbs trucks running the Rubicon and such for the past 19+yrs. Hundreds of sets of sliders built and sold, never had anyone breaking a U-bolt. It took to 2010 before we ever had anyone actually bend a main body of one of our sliders! (Thanks CHAD! he is proud of it too) But never had a moutnings system issue.

We build our 6 Gen Bronco U-bolt mounts exactly the same as we do on 80 and 100 Series Landcruisers. Just like this one running the Rubicon back in 08'ish. You can almost see the U-bolt mounts in this shot.
Ford Bronco Frame Mounted Step Sliders - Now shipping from Metal-tech 4x4 101_2290.JPG

Todd K. And Petter B. guests from North Carolina and Kentucky flew out and drove the Metal-tech 4x4 Landcruiser across the Rubicon in these photos. U-bolt mounted sliders, drivers side is 100% U bolts only. This truck and a few hundred others are still running trails today with the same sliders!

Ford Bronco Frame Mounted Step Sliders - Now shipping from Metal-tech 4x4 101_2278.JPG

IMO the U bolt design is defiantly not the way to go. Loosing 1-2 inches of clearance along the frame in multiple spots. Strong yes but also prone to catching and getting damaged.

However I do understand it is cheaper to manufacture due to increased tolerance allowance, but wait its 1,500.

With so many options on the market, I do not see how this one offers any competitive advantage or innovation within the segment.
Get what your saying 100% on one thinking there is a loss of clearance-performance with this mount. Yet when we leave the internet and drive onto real trails, the performance speaks for itself.

To build cheaper? Actually that is flat plates and drilling templates. But unfortunately the Bronco frame being large in size is fairly thin, bolting in any area that is not reinforced is not a good idea. (We do a through bolt above the transmission cross support, but that is reinforced part of the frame for clear reasons) No cost savings is not the drive for a custom manufactured u bolt system. Proven actual real world performance with simulare weight, frame and size is.

Little wheeling with our friends in TX. Same U-bolt system. Proven.

Ford Bronco Frame Mounted Step Sliders - Now shipping from Metal-tech 4x4 DSC_0043.JPG

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, i guess people will buy it or not. I mean theres cheaper options than a bronco. Here we all are….

Reactions: Dom

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a pair of these on my 100 series Land Cruiser. I could lift a wheel off of the ground with my Hi-lift and the u-bolts never shifted.
It weighs quite a bit more than my Bronco.
Sponsored