Sponsored

Free Sound deadening headliner poll

Why is Ford suddenly giving away the $500 sound deadening headliner?

• Total voters

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seeing that Ford is dropping the $500 charge on the sound deadening headliner makes me happy since I was buying it anyhow. I cannot help but to ask why though. What does everyone think.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard from a couple of people working on the Bronco that the top has been an area that has taken a lot of work from several perspectives. NVH (noise), sealing and manufacturing issues included. That isn’t unusual or unexpected on a new vehicle with a three piece top. My guess is they decided they should include the headliner to meet internal goals for NVH and avoid customer complaints in the market. Either way, it’s a good thing in my mind.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have heard from a couple of people working on the Bronco that the top has been an area that has taken a lot of work from several perspectives. NVH (noise), sealing and manufacturing issues included. That isn’t unusual or unexpected on a new vehicle with a three piece top. My guess is they decided they should include the headliner to meet internal goals for NVH and avoid customer complaints in the market. Either way, it’s a good thing in my mind.
That’s good info. What does NVH mean?

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's none of those. I stand by my original prediction....

Because of the roof changes to MY22, the headliner no longer fits after this year. At this point they have more headliners than MY21 Broncs will be produced. Its cheaper to give them away and make people happy than to sit on inventory that will never sell.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Because of the roof changes to MY22, the headliner no longer fits after this year. At this point they have more headliners than MY21 Broncs will be produced. Its cheaper to give them away and make people happy than to sit on inventory that will never sell.
Good call. I added that as an option.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noise, Vibration and Harshness. I have a friend in the roof side of the business (not on the Bronco) who has described all sorts of issues that come up in roofs/tops and how they troubleshoot. They even have specific car washes that they know operate at certain pressures and angles as the design and troubleshoot roof systems. The two others I talked with had direct involvement with the Bronco, but not the top and they mentioned that the top was driving “delays” from a couple of perspectives, but nothing out of the norm, that was just their understanding, neither were with the top supplier or on that part of the project directly and they didn’t give details other than that. Not inside info by any means, but an educated guess on my part.

Last edited:

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking it's either:
  • Making it an option was too complicated for the top manufacturer
    Changes to the 2022 top mean the 2021 lines won’t fit and Ford has too many

mixed with a little bit of:
  • The Bronco cabin is really loud and they are trying to stay in front of it
So they figured they would:
My guess is they decided they should include the headliner to meet internal goals for NVH and avoid customer complaints in the market.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They may have commitments with suppliers, but likely no inventory. Auto manufacturing just doesn't work that way, it's almost all "Just InTime". Thus the international lack of chip supply shutting down manufacturers right now. But of course, anything is possible!

Last edited:

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess is they decided they should include the headliner to meet internal goals for NVH and avoid customer complaints in the market. Either way, it’s a good thing in my mind.
This is probably the answer. Don't want bad early reviews and customers coming back asking for a fix and there's not a solution readily available (limited supply/application).

Also agree, this is a great thing and proactive (somewhat) by Ford!

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I come from the Jeep side. Removable hard tops can be loud, especially at highway speeds with head or cross winds. I would assume Ford wants to minimize negative reviews/complaints about noise levels when the Broncos start being delivered.

A lot of people are going to expect that a $50k Bronco ride and sound like a Lexus. That will not be the case , even with sound deadening.

I see quotes all the time on the Jeep forums that: "I paid $50k for this Jeep and it should_________for that price." No it shouldn't.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice 495 savings, wil help pay for the tube doors the wife wants.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I come from the Jeep side. Removable hard tops can be loud, especially at highway speeds with head or cross winds. I would assume Ford wants to minimize negative reviews/complaints about noise levels when the Broncos start being delivered.

A lot of people are going to expect that a $50k Bronco ride and sound like a Lexus. That will not be the case , even with sound deadening.

I see quotes all the time on the Jeep forums that: "I paid $50k for this Jeep and it should_________for that price." No it shouldn't.
Wow! Finally a post with some intelligence. I was begining to think they should rename this forum hateford6.com.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.
There is another acronym that was used to promote and signify education in the technical and sciences fields. First known as "STEM" Science Technical Engineering and Math. Being that people can't tolerate non-diversity and have to be all-inclusionary... STEM has morphed in some districts and is now referred to as "STEAM", or "STREAM"; (Science Technical Engineering Art and Math) or (Science Technical Reading Engineering Art and Math), which a few days ago I joked to my middle-school science teacher friend as "what we used to just call school".
Sponsored

Last edited: