Sponsored

Free Sound deadening headliner poll

Why is Ford suddenly giving away the $500 sound deadening headliner?

• Total voters

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was almost certainly a bottleneck in the production line, the added speed and additional units over time will mean more total profit than the cost to upgrade them all.
this makes the most sense to me as well. Even a skilled worker would need a couple min to align and stick these on just right, and material cost on these things can't be much, even if it's layered materials like hotheads. Just one less step to deal with, push more vehicles out to get paid all that money we promised them with our $100 deposit.

I was gonna wait for hotheads, but I'll take free any day, if it's still loud, maybe I'll just stick the hotheads on top of them later on ;-)
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.
I knew I should of paid more attention in English class 😜

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's none of those. I stand by my original prediction....

Because of the roof changes to MY22, the headliner no longer fits after this year. At this point they have more headliners than MY21 Broncs will be produced. Its cheaper to give them away and make people happy than to sit on inventory that will never sell.
Lol no. Ford is six sigma lean, does not work like this.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s a combination of quality and NVH.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of the above...
My feeling is the reason is it’s cheaper and faster to produce a single spec for a limited supply of product.

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.
The world has become TLTT.

"to lazy to type"