Sponsored

Free Sound deadening headliner poll

Why is Ford suddenly giving away the $500 sound deadening headliner?

• Total voters

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's none of those. I stand by my original prediction....

Because of the roof changes to MY22, the headliner no longer fits after this year. At this point they have more headliners than MY21 Broncs will be produced. Its cheaper to give them away and make people happy than to sit on inventory that will never sell.
It's just die-cut sound deadening material glued to the inside panel of the hard roof. With production of the MIC not yet at full-scale since the Bronco is not yet a full-rate production, I doubt there are thousands of stacks of the panels waiting to be installed as part of the MIC production. It's a manufacturing logistics issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's just die-cut sound deadening material glued to the inside panel of the hard roof. With production of the MIC not yet at full-scale since the Bronco is not yet a full-rate production, I doubt there are thousands of stacks of the panels waiting to be installed as part of the MIC production. It's a manufacturing logistics issue.
That’s true. However Ford may have made a commitment to purchase a minimum number of the headliners in this style, assuming they could do it over several years, and were confronted with a a requirement to purchase many more than they could sell for 2021.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "All of the Above" option is in the wrong order of the list. IMO, there is a bit of truth in all of the options.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this sure is a pessimistic bunch. If you hate Ford why are you getting a Bronco?
Wow! Finally a post with some intelligence. I was begining to think they should rename this forum hateford6.com.
Now you know how I picked my username. After lurking for a long time and being uninterested in joining in the complaints, I finally got suckered in by complaint / incorrect conjecture #8000 regarding GVWR (and again, the headliner being provided is proof they weren't leaving it off due to GVWR issues - color me not surprised). For a "fan" forum, people sure try hard to find things to complain about.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seeing that Ford is dropping the $500 charge on the sound deadening headliner makes me happy since I was buying it anyhow. I cannot help but to ask why though. What does everyone think.
The correct answer is NONE of the above.

The actual answer is:

1. Webasto did not fulfill some aspect of their contract.
2. Ford demanded compensation.
3. Webasto agreed to install the headliner at their factory for free instead of giving up revenue.
4. Ford believes this will help with customer satisfaction.

Win/Win/Win (Bronco Buyers/Ford/Webasto)

[*** Fine print: This is purely my speculation ***]

Last edited:

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

The correct answer is NONE of the above.
The actual answer is:

1. Webasto did not fulfill some aspect of their contract.
2. Ford demanded compensation.
3. They agreed to install the headliner at their factory for free.
4. Ford believes this will help with customer satisfaction.

Win/Win/Win (Bronco Buyers/Ford/Webasto)

[*** Fine print: This is purely my speculation ***]
This should be added to the poll, and echos my thoughts on this matter from the original thread.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was an option I had prechosen. Glad to see my price drop 500 dollars

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm guessing it's a streamlining process. They realized they already have to deal with a dozen different interiors / dashboards / etc, they don't have space anymore for all the different possible roofs -- 2dr/4dr, mic/mod, headliner/no headliner, 4dr-soft... that's 9 different roofs to inventory and track, arriving in up to 5 pieces each.

edit: jeez, imagine once they start also offering white and body-color. They'd either have to make headliners standard, or streamline a way to install them on the production line.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.
I can't tell if you are trying to be funny or snarky, but you sure took the longest way to provide a simple answer.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
well, free is free. thank you F. maybe they're upgrading next year's hard top and F didn't want people to cry for refund or swap.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now you know how I picked my username. After lurking for a long time and being uninterested in joining in the complaints, I finally got suckered in by complaint / incorrect conjecture #8000 regarding GVWR (and again, the headliner being provided is proof they weren't leaving it off due to GVWR issues - color me not surprised). For a "fan" forum, people sure try hard to find things to complain about.
It's getting crazy. Someone put up a new walk-around video and they were complaining about that because base is same as big ben. I'm starting to think theses guys are upset their govt check isn't enough for the first addition.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing that Ford is dropping the $500 charge on the sound deadening headliner makes me happy since I was buying it anyhow. I cannot help but to ask why though. What does everyone think.
I think it is a combination of manufacturing efficiency and Ford branding. Recent excuses from Ford concerning interior noise on test rides suggest that they were concerned. It seems smart to avoid the "junkiness" image that Jeep still suffers from.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 2022 models include a headliner (water-resistant headliner for MGV models).

In any case, thank you Ford!

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that they are trying to sell more MIC tops, as the painted tops are delayed. The more MIc they can more the more the production keeps going and orders are filled. Sorry iPhone goofed and quoted wrong person

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It means "Noise, Vibration, Harshness." It is always best when one wants to clearly communicate in the written format to first spell out the words one wishes to abbreviate then follow the words with the abbreviation. Example: The man used a Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) tank when he went underwater diving. In this case, the abbreviation was structured as an acronym (a form of abbreviation that uses letters from the collection of words to create a new word.) Initials, such as "FBI" which stand for three words that stand in the place of the organization known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The initials are used as an abbreviation for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. "FBI" is not an acronym, they are initials because the letters cannot be pronounced as a word and are the initial letters of the three words in the organization's title. There are other forms of abbreviations such as contractions, for example; "SITREP." In this example, SITREP contracts two words, Situation and Report. It takes the first three letters of each word to express the same idea but contracts the syllables down to just two syllables instead of five, abbreviating the two words into one word. This example can also be described as an acronym.
Imagine what the answer would look like if they were explaining string theory.

only joking... please don’t be offended... just couldn’t help myself
Sponsored