Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Article about the "Off Road Driving Schools" that Ford announced yesterday.

Every New Ford Bronco Will Come With a Free Off-Road Driving School
Ford's "Off-Roadeo" program is supposed to get people comfortable with taking their Broncos off the pavement.

Ford's finally bringing back the Bronco, a fact that's been well-documented at this point. The company has an iconic name, a lot of money sunk into this product, and a massive marketing operation to take the fight to the Jeep Wrangler. To catch Jeep, though, Ford knows it needs to have a community of hardcore owners who actually take their trucks off road. That's why every Bronco and Bronco Sport Badlands will include admission to Ford's "Bronco Off-Roadeo" experience.

The program will take place at one of Ford's four off-road experience centers, which will all feature obstacle courses designed to teach off-roading fundamentals. They'll also be close to longer trailheads, giving Bronco owners the opportunity to take their trucks out on real trails with the help of experienced off-road guides. The four locations haven't been finalized, but expect them to be geographically spread for maximum convenience.

It'll be a two-day experience, with the first dedicated to fundamentals of off-roading. This'll include not only driving techniques, but also core tenets of exploration like "leave no trace" and "tread lightly." Ford knows that many Bronco owners won't have off-road experience, so they want to bring them up to speed in a closed environment with loaner vehicles so that they'll feel comfortable taking their own trucks to the trails. Community building is also a key part of this—necessary to take on Jeep's massive enthusiast support network—which is why day one also features a bonfire and lots of time for socialization.

On day two, you'll be able to pick between a more intense second day of off-roading or a "outdoor experience" day. Experience options will change based on the locations of the four experience centers, but think hiking, kayaking, or rafting.

Think of it like the ST Octane Academy or AMG Driving Academy, but for off-roading. It shouldn't be the end of your education, but will make the world of off-roading more approachable. And like Ford's performance school, it comes included with an eligible vehicle purchase. That means if you buy any version of the full-size Bronco or the adventure-focused "Badlands" trim of the Bronco Sport, you get free entrance.

You'll still need to travel to the school and provide your own lodging, though. Ford says lodging needs were too diverse for the company to satisfy everyone and—perhaps more importantly—the company expects a ton of customers to come through. The company wouldn't give an exact projection, but says they're expecting tens of thousands of people to attend across all locations in the first year.

Speaking of which, the Bronco Off-Roadeo should launch around the same time as the Bronco itself, in Spring of 2021. That means Bronco buyers will be eligible from day one, with Ford giving them about a year to take advantage of the offer. The first buyers of the Bronco Sport Badlands—who will likely get their cars around December—will still be able to sign up once the school is up and running. Additional spaces for family members are available for a fee and prospective buyers or other non-owners will be able to pay to attend.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
only available for about a year? :/

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it means you have a year from your date of purchase to redeem.
gotcha. thats ok then. Consider me no longer pissed. (Wasn't pissed, was just...dissapointed)

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not surprising but this also seems to confirm first Bronco deliveries will be Spring 2021 and Sport Badlands will be the more offroad-y model.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So disappointed there isn't a Southeast location for these schools. F-150 sales around here are astronomical. Don't know how they could skip us.
Windrock or South Pittsburg TN are prime locations but always packed with people. That's the first places Im going when I get mine.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like my wife and I will be taking another mainland adventure. Maybe go to Chrispys dealership to pick up our bronco then roadtrip across country hit the OffRodeo, maybe stop back at Canyonlands Moab for some more fun like we did in our Eagle then head to the coast and ship it to Hawaii. I hope this is still available 2nd model year.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like my wife and I will be taking another mainland adventure. Maybe go to Chrispys dealership to pick up our bronco then roadtrip across country hit the OffRodeo, maybe stop back at Canyonlands Moab for some more fun like we did in our Eagle then head to the coast and ship it to Hawaii. I hope this is still available 2nd model year.
We've been thinking about doing the same thing, but of course we'd be going East.

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
where is chrisy's dealership?

Sponsored

FixItQuick

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lifted F150 SuperCrew K&N intake, Magnaflow Exhaust.; 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee woods beater; 2015 Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is supposed to be one in Texas. Maybe that one would work for you.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So disappointed there isn't a Southeast location for these schools. F-150 sales around here are astronomical. Don't know how they could skip us.
Maybe we can start a petition to bring an Off-Roadeo to this part of the country...?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn’t wait... I had to grab my custom plate before it got scooped up with all the Bronco craze next week... I know it will be silly to sport my vanity plate on an F-150 but it’s worth getting early so I can have it for my first Off-Roadeo trip next spring.
Ford Bronco Free Two-Day Off-Roadeo Driving School Admission Comes With All Broncos, Opens Spring 2021 91896E6D-8A75-4143-A71F-DD225973213C

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it means you have a year from your date of purchase to redeem.
This how the track attack was for gt350, you have a year but they had dates and you had to register for them before they filled up. I remember hearing some people missed out because they all filled up
Sponsored