First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No doubt the tops are part of the problem, but based on the convo a member posted the other day with a Ford rep who seemed to know what was going on, Ford is having just as many problems finalizing development of this vehicle as its suppliers are with holding up their end. Seems the top was an easy scapegoat for people to go “It’s not that bad but I can understand why there’s a delay”.

Shitting on Ford for “why didn’t they have multiple top suppliers” and “they should have done xyz so we’d get our Broncos on time” is unproductive. The reason that hardtops single handedly pushing back production doesn’t make sense is because it isn’t true. The top is far from the only thing that’s delaying production.
The article supports what you posit. It’s stated in the article that there are several “global”suppliers of tops. And, since production isn’t reliant on the tops, why would you sit on the overhead of parts for months without production runs?
I don’t fault Ford for poor contingency planning. BUT, the adage keeps coming to mind, “The crime is never as bad as the coverup.”
Sponsored

Reactions: RG7

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Throw on a free bimini top and send me mine, I can wait for the hard top..

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in Alaska so a hardtop is high on my priority list but I would get a soft top if Ford would ship my hardtop to AK on their dime. I would even prefer this if I could get a White MIC.

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco re-timed roll-out....summer....2022! Im waiting for a Black Mod HT and one that has no production issues. I'll wait till 2022, 2023

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is the stupidest post of all time on this forum!

The fact is that Ford is actively out to get you and screw you over. They duped you into a legally binding contract for your hard earned reservation dollars and now it's all one huge game of bait and switch. THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOU!!!!!! You will never get a Bronco, Ford doesn't even know how to make a vehicle, lets all make aluminum foil hats.

That correct opinion was shared loudly and proudly on here by many users, so I believe it. Don't think rationally, don't use history as an indicator of the future, and certainly don't act pragmatically. Be irrational, be extreme, it's all about you!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since he seems to know everything about the plant, I have a feeling he also knows what the top issue is. If he'd just share that, it would put lots of speculation to rest. Right now, Webasto is taking the heat here and in news articles all over the internet.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could they not get THOSE tops to work either???
Sponsored