Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are a lot of SEC regulations around public communications for publicly traded companies. Even if he knew, he may been waiting on clearance from Ford lawyers before he could say anything.
Yea, i can understand.... But if he knew... Should have been better not saying anything.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never imagined that just one part was holding the whole thing up

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft Tops can't be made either as the same plant making the hard tops is also making a piece for the soft top and they have proven to be as problematic as the panels for the hard tops.
So we don't want you to get in trouble but can you give us all the info you can on the tops. Its starting to sound like the tops aren't working. Are they leaking or don't fit right? Or is it you just can't get all the parts for them.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they're both made by Wesbaco/Webasco? if I have it right...in MI.
No offence, but both the title of the article and the body of the article state the issue is related to COVID in China. "A second source close to the company confirmed tops are the issue and indicated the problem may be linked to the coronavirus in China."

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the problem is just with the hard tops, I wish they would have run with just soft tops first...maybe it's both tops causing delays, but I thought I understood from the Webasto employee on here that the issues were with the hard top and quality or design issues.

For that to be a viable option two things would have to happen

1) There has to be a significant enough volume of people wanting the soft top to make it worthwhile to run production. That may not be the case given that all 2 doors need the hard top and a significant number of 4-doors will be hard top. Wildtrak is 30% of reservations and it takes a hard top.

2) Even if there is a significant volume of soft tops, you're going to screw over the soft top supplier. I doubt they have much additional capacity beyond the normal mix volumes which means they probably can't make many more tops than what runs with the normal mix of hard and soft. Also, they would have to rush to build out all their volume on the front end and then sit idle while Ford caught up with hard tops. Suppliers have volume terms in their contracts, and they're not going to let Ford do that to them.

I'm sure they talked about it, but I don't see it happening.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Come on Bestop - get that Trektop to production. I absolutely would take a two door with a Trektop until such time as Ford can get a white top to the dealer.

We should do a survey: how many would take delivery of a Bronco with a two door Trektop or four door soft top, with delivery of a hardtop at a later date?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Marine Grade Vinyl and Wash out floors, they are ment to be rained on no? Id take mine with out a Top. No way in Hell Ford would do that.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is crazy as hell. How does that work when you have a ton of bronco's with no tops sitting on a dealers lot while it rains and snows for several months on them with no tops. Are you serious?
Don't worry, FORD will just use FORD FIELD to house the topless Broncos and throw the Detroit Lions Football team out in the cold and rain :)

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No offence, but both the title of the article and the body of the article state the issue is related to COVID in China. "A second source close to the company confirmed tops are the issue and indicated the problem may be linked to the coronavirus in China."
Exactly. My point is that the tops are made here. But they likely have parts coming from China.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs