Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I never imagined that just one part was holding the whole thing up
Right and why can’t I get the mansquatch if it’s just the tops being the sole issue!?
In most every company, during every "crisis", real or imagined, senior management selects someone or something to throw under the bus, the sacrificial lamb, this time is no different.

Regardless of how many real issues they are chasing, things have to be summed up to simplicity, for Wall Street and the public.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I disagree with your assessment of consumers. When we are given a promise with a deadline, plan finances (and for some of us, hold off on buying a new vehicle we actually need), we expect the product to be ready for delivery.

If you think Americans are crappy, I think that is a different topic. So please do not turn my comment into a way to mock my fellow countrymen.
You were given nothing. That you believe you have signed a legally enforceable agreement with Ford is not enough to beguile me from the realities of the world as it has you.

Americans can be mocked and mocked heavily. I'm also American (can't you tell by the albums? I'd never give you up or let you down!), but you can't make a joke if you can't take a joke. And Americans make plenty of jokes about other countries. Time to thicken up our skin.

Sponsored

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can build over 100K new broncos in a year but can't make tops... "c'mon man".

See what I did there...

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully Ford had some performance guarantees written into the contract of the vendor(s) supplying the tops. We're ten months into COVID - and a lot longer in the Bronco's development cycle- so one would think the suppliers should've been able to plan better for this.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m glad I finally told my wife I pre-ordered her one as a surprise, so she can suffer with me in this process.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to get my topless Bronco as soon as it's ready. No need to worry about how to store and ship it topless. I'll come pick it up. I'm only 20 mins away.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully Ford had some performance guarantees written into the contract of the vendor(s) supplying the tops. We're ten months into COVID - and a lot longer in the Bronco's development cycle- so one would think the suppliers should've been able to plan better for this.
You will never get the full story.

There might have been problems sourcing materials or maybe the first run doesn't look right or fit well enough, or something else is out of spec and they leak or are prone to breakage...

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Whether delivery is in April or May or June, that's a nuance." A nuance? No, they are actual dates in time, they are in no way "nuances." This must be the guy that came up with the idea of saying October is actually by September. These kinds of statements are insulting to customers, IMO.
Yeah, that "nuance" quote rubbed me the wrong way too. So out of touch.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd take the vehicle and a soft top ASAP in a heartbeat, then pick up a hard top when it's ready. Maybe even wait for a superior aftermarket version.

(Another reason to love living in New Mexico: Tops are optional 95% of the year.)

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apparnetly the reason for the delay is the color of MIC pellets the chinese top manufacturer produced. Ford order 5M pounds of gray pellets for gray MIC tops. They were delivered 5M pounds of black pellets for black MIC tops....so Ford had them return all of that because they did not want to make black MIC tops.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You will never get the full story.

There might have been problems sourcing materials or maybe the first run doesn't look right or fit well enough, or something else is out of spec and they leak or are prone to breakage...
100% agree. Something else hit a snag and the tops are easy to shift the blame to.
Sponsored