First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After EXHAUSTIVE research I had almost settled on buying a BAD ASS Pack Molle Ultra Lite tent. It comes in at a decent price point and is only 110lbs. Downside it is a kit that has to be assembled (assembly is $300) at the lowest price point, and everything is an add-on, ladder, awning, etc. Its is American made and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

The GoFast Ultralite was also an option but not available. Also American made. One of the reasons they discontinued production was to convert to an American made tent. The Version 2 should be released this summer.

Then I found the Freespirit Aspen Lite, (110 lbs) and after finding out more about this tent I purchased it. I am super excited for its arrival in May. (They are taking pre-orders) $300 off right now and they offer a military/first responder discount of 10% so it covered the tax or $150 dollar shipping. It looks awesome and probably a better choice for the PNW. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Here is the link:

https://gofsr.com/collections/hard-shell/products/aspen-lite-rooftop-tent

tempImageU6Sriz.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been loosely following the development of this tent by watching Talon Sei YouTube channel (the guy who owns the truck I’m that picture). He tested out all the pre production versions of this new tent and then the final production version. This will probably be the tent I buy too. I’m really liking the idea of Tri layer material they use on their tents.

g_walk28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious to see how these fit on the Bronco. Update with pics when you get them set up. I’m actually selling my old foldover RTT because I don’t want that extra weight on top, but this tent would be my first choice as a replacement. Maybe I’ll change my mind, but for now I’m going back to the ground.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to see how these fit on the Bronco. Update with pics when you get them set up. I’m actually selling my old foldover RTT because I don’t want that extra weight on top, but this tent would be my first choice as a replacement. Maybe I’ll change my mind, but for now I’m going back to the ground.
I certainly will post once it arrives with pics.

jdrouin

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.techsolutionsmaine.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor Clone, 2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finallly got a delivery date on mine. should have by next Monday.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I certainly will post once it arrives with pics.
Hey, I'm looking at this as well.... How does the door opening work, it says all all 3 sides? Hmmm.....

OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My tent arrived Wednesday. Got it put on last night, Very impressed. Fit very well on stock roof rack. You can place the ladder to go in the rear of the vehicle or either side. Mattress is pretty comfortable too!

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4426.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you measure from the molded line in the mic (where the rack mounting clamps go), to the top of the tent (when folded)? I'm still trying to figure out a RTT that will allow me to drive into my garage:)

OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 10.5 to 11 inches with the stock roof rack.

2074AF2B-0892-419F-8FB8-683146DD99EB.jpeg

OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I slept in it last night. Very comfortable mattress and the tent material is near blackout material. Vents at top meant no condensation in the tent in the morning despite the cool temperature.plenty of head room. I’m 5’9” and when sitting cannot touch the overhead.

OP
OP
BIGJIM

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, I'm looking at this as well.... How does the door opening work, it says all all 3 sides? Hmmm.....
You can use any of the openings as a door. I have it set up to enter the rear or the drivers side with the supplies ladder and attachment point hardware.

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2019 Ducati Panigale 959; 2012 Focus;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good! I'm considering that tent or the Aspen 49".
Could you post some centered straight on pictures from the front back and side? Really curious on how much it over hangs.
Sponsored