Friday build woes. My Bronco delivered with unpainted tailgate and fuel door

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol. You can be pissed all you want if this happens to you... What'cha gonna do?? šŸ¤·šŸ»
Not accept it at delivery??
I mean I wouldnā€™t. If it wasnā€™t fixed by the time I took delivery Iā€™d just go give my money to a competitor.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry you're dealing with this OP. This doesn't make me question my order as I only have my $100 deposit to Ford at the moment. I have from the very start, planned to take a high lumen flash light and spend a solid hour looking over the entire vehicle before I even take it from the dealership.

I've never spent $45k on a vehicle. I've never bought one from Ford. I've read these concerning QC issues across multiple product lines but seems especially hard hit at MAP.

So I just want to give my Bronco a thorough once over with dealer there so we can get absolutely everything documented right from the start.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

personally i would ask for a new factory painted tailgate and not just a repaint.. i think most dealerships outsource paint and body work.. A repaint is typically not as good as a factory paint..For the price we are paying for a new bronco I would insist on a factory painted tailgate regaurdless of how much of a pain in the ass for the dealership or Ford..
Well then you will be waiting till the rapture to get it. Ford isnā€™t going to paint and ship a tailgateā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ ever. Itā€™s not even a legit ask.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry you're dealing with this OP. This doesn't make me question my order as I only have my $100 deposit to Ford at the moment. I have from the very start, planned to take a high lumen flash light and spend a solid hour looking over the entire vehicle before I even take it from the dealership.

I've never spent $45k on a vehicle. I've never bought one from Ford. I've read these concerning QC issues across multiple product lines but seems especially hard hit at MAP.

So I just want to give my Bronco a thorough once over with dealer there so we can get absolutely everything documented right from the start.
I think we all need to relax a bit. It was a production error. Stupid that it passed final inspection at the factory and that the dealership didn't have the paint corrected prior to sale to the customer. It can be concluded the factory assumed the dealership would correct the manufacturing error.

Of the 5 or 6 Broncos I've seen that my dealership has delivered, all of them seem well built. The Blue FE 2-dr I just saw on Wednesday that was being delivered to a customer, was stunning. The paint and MIC top were perfect.

This is just probably a one-off and rare manufacturing error by a factory that is over-driving production at the moment to catch up.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do people really think that the body shops use rattle cans to paint vehicles? Most body shops have very good painting facilities. Iā€™d have no issues having the body shop paint it.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think we all need to relax a bit. It was a production error. Stupid that it passed final inspection at the factory and that the dealership didn't have the paint corrected prior to sale to the customer. It can be concluded the factory assumed the dealership would correct the manufacturing error.

Of the 5 or 6 Broncos I've seen that my dealership has delivered, all of them seem well built. The Blue FE 2-dr I just saw on Wednesday that was being delivered to a customer, was stunning. The paint and MIC top were perfect.

This is just probably a one-off and rare manufacturing error by a factory that is over-driving production at the moment to catch up.
Not questioning my purchase just being thorough. We've seen plenty of examples of damage from transport. Others have scratches in the door jambs from doors being installed.

I want to catch anything like that when I'm looking it over with the dealer so we get it all detailed and we can work on plans to get it remedied. I'm buying my Bronco - but I don't want to bring it home and do the inspection and come back and say, "I found X or Y" and the dealer reply that it is something caused by me while the vehicle was in my possession prior to purchase.

It's establishing a baseline of the Bronco's condition at purchase. Everyone is free give their bronco a look over, or not. YMMV.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sorry bro, I do hate that that happened to you but this is just becoming COMICAL at this point.

What the hell is Ford doing?? LMAO šŸ˜‚ Personally I'm doing my part by refusing to buy a Bronco until they fix their build issues and offer the features I want, but for those who can't wait all I can say is GL.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whoa! Bad Robots!
Paint looks like "It Doesn't Matter Blue".
Of course it will be fixed, but so sorry for what must be disappointing and frustrating
for you. Again @jimfarley98 ... Why does this happen after all the mishaps?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It makes me sad, but clearly ā€œFord Toughā€ ainā€™t a thing anymore.
Well, they may not be built "Ford Tough" anymore but at least they're "built proud" :LOL:

Looks like Michigan Assembly is going back to the 1970's era quality standards.

Where's the pride in their work? Pretty sad.
It's in their advertising, silly

Ford Bronco Friday build woes. My Bronco delivered with unpainted tailgate and fuel door Built Ford Proud

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well then you will be waiting till the rapture to get it. Ford isnā€™t going to paint and ship a tailgateā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ ever. Itā€™s not even a legit ask.
Did you mean waiting till the "Raptor"..? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey, even robots can be looking forward to the weekends off. Maybe a case of taking AI a bit too far!

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You mention Final Inspection, as this touched several hands prior to QC sign off. To me, itā€™s significant and Iā€™ve personally never seen such a blatant oversight. Just my two cents.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some of the people here are ridiculously overdramatic. I've seen many manufacturers have thin paint spray on certain parts of a vehicle. Is the tailgate one pretty obvious? yes but when the people building them only see the vehicle for a minute or 2 during their portion of the line it's easy to see how something could be missed. I would be frustrated by this but not decline delivery because of it or even ask for free shit. I'd ask they fix it and figure something out and move on. Once my HPR Badlands comes in you can bet i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb but i'm not gonna bust balls at my dealership if i find something that's easily fixable. i've never ordered a new vehicle before this one and it's only the 3rd Ford i'll ever have owned but i admit i've been keeping track of these issues and noting them as things to look for when i take delivery and things to have my dealership look into as well(clamps, coolant hoses etc)

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can only laugh at this. WTF? Like seriously how many along the lines missed this they should all be fired but wait union rules donā€™t allow that.
Unions are so corrupt and hurt business so much, it's crazy. They seriously reward people more based on how long they've worked at a company versus their performance, which is why union workers are often so complacent and have no motivation to work any harder than the 'bare basics'.
Sponsored