Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Main issue for me is somebody had to put the black trim pieces on, was it their first day? How could somebody not say something like “ hay, this isn’t painted!” Or maybe somebody did say something and then the supervisor had to meet quotas. Whatever the silly situation is, it’s glaringly obvious of the error, and there was probably at least 2 to 3 people who saw this and still nothing was done. The person who put on the tailgate, the person who put on the trim pieces, and then the QC person. REALLY? I wonder how upset any of those folks get if they didn’t get ketchup up on their hamburger when they ordered it.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You mention Final Inspection, as this touched several hands prior to QC sign off. To me, it’s significant and I’ve personally never seen such a blatant oversight. Just my two cents.
Oh, I agree 100%. It's not that no one on the assembly line didn't see it; it is obvious, but whose responsibility on line is it to have it corrected. It is logical to assume that a case of an un-painted panel is quite rare and no one had a station procedure to call out the problem.

IMO the dealer is the last in line to deliver the vehicle to the owner and should have flagged the Bronco for corrective action prior to delivery to the customer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is logical to assume that a case of an un-painted panel is quite rare and no one had a station procedure to call out the problem.
And of course, since it was not in the procedure, the good union workers said, it's not my job, and went about their day.

(yes, I'm a former union worker, very early in my career, it did not take long to get promoted out of that position, when you buck the system and say, it is my job.)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And of course, since it was not in the procedure, the good union workers said, it's not my job, and went about their day.

(yes, I'm a former union worker, very early in my career, it did not take long to get promoted out of that position, when you buck the system and say, it is my job.)
I think we are saying the same thing.

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trying to stay positive about all these issues. Things happen and products and companies cannot hide imperfections these days. This is not a good sign for QC at all…. I mean you just have to open a door and stick your head inside to see it. OP I hope Ford hooks you up!
Exactly, I assume it was a human who has to attach those two plastic covers after the tail gate is painted. You would have thought they might have mentioned something, but I guess it was a case of "not my job and not my problem". :rolleyes:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm willing to bet it's exactly what happened. People noticed it and just figured there was nothing they really could do about it. Doesn't every station have a button to halt the line when they see something like this? But then what?

What I'm surprised about, is that the car should have been flagged in the system letting the dealer know that some corrective action would need to be taken before the customer took delivery.

Can you imagine being one of the Grainger folks? You fly out to pick up your Bronco... No way in hell you're not going to take delivery cuz it's your way home, And you're running to this!

How desperate are we, that we just want our Broncos to show up regardless what condition they're in, or if the engines will even make it home from our distant non-ADM dealer.

Ford is laughing all the way to the bank.... Seriously.... Think about it.. They can produce junk and people will still buy it, most likely pay more than sticker for it, And they're even being voted the best of the____ for 2021 when they actually haven't produced anything really tangible.

People used to say this fiasco would make for a great business study... I agree, but probably for different reasons. It's probably more how bad a company could screw up and still be on top of the world.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to stay positive about all these issues. Things happen and products and companies cannot hide imperfections these days. This is not a good sign for QC at all…. I mean you just have to open a door and stick your head inside to see it. OP I hope Ford hooks you up!
Well someone had to attach the plastic in the back, im guessing they expected a tail light warranty

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh, I agree 100%. It's not that no one on the assembly line didn't see it; it is obvious, but whose responsibility on line is it to have it corrected. It is logical to assume that a case of an un-painted panel is quite rare and no one had a station procedure to call out the problem.

IMO the dealer is the last in line to deliver the vehicle to the owner and should have flagged the Bronco for corrective action prior to delivery to the customer.
No Station procedure?

How about: "YO BOSSMAN, come check this out!"

I refuse to believe there has never been a situation in a ford plant where something seriously weird or Fd up was found, and a car had to be fixed before continuing down the line? There's just gotta be some way to flag a car that isn't right to get fixed before leaving the factory and getting to the customer.

Unless it's just standard procedure that if some madlad drives a forklift into a car, you just sent it to the dealer to be fixed?

ychami

Badlands
First Name
YC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST; 2014 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ridiculous oversight by manufacturing. WTF. Appalled at the growing list of issues.
How did the dealer prep miss this also....When my Bronco finally gets built I am going to the dealer with the checklist of Bronco mistakes

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm willing to bet it's exactly what happened. People noticed it and just figured there was nothing they really could do about it. Doesn't every station have a button to halt the line when they see something like this? But then what?

What I'm surprised about, is that the car should have been flagged in the system letting the dealer know that some corrective action would need to be taken before the customer took delivery.

Can you imagine being one of the Grainger folks? You fly out to pick up your Bronco... No way in hell you're not going to take delivery cuz it's your way home, And you're running to this!

How desperate are we, that we just want our Broncos to show up regardless what condition they're in, or if the engines will even make it home from our distant non-ADM dealer.

Ford is laughing all the way to the bank.... Seriously.... Think about it.. They can produce junk and people will still buy it, most likely pay more than sticker for it, And they're even being voted the best of the____ for 2021 when they actually haven't produced anything really tangible.

People used to say this fiasco would make for a great business study... I agree, but probably for different reasons. It's probably more how bad a company could screw up and still be on top of the world.
Ford has hired a company to make the official unofficial bronco nation site. The admin guy here seems to work with/for ford considering all the ford testing-ground photos he's able to break.

Is it really out of the realm of possibility that in addition to paying people to run bronco websites, they're also paying people to post on them and shill the company?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did the dealer prep miss this also....When my Bronco finally gets built I am going to the dealer with the checklist of Bronco mistakes
Me too!

Ford Pass Rewards Points:
200,000 for MOD to MIC roof
11,000 User Appreciation Points
20,000 Early Reservation Holder
42,000 New Vehicle Purchase
1,100 converting before March 19th

Customer Satisfaction Funds: $1,000. Have your dealer go to the FDAD CLAIM PAGE on the Dealers Bronco Dashboard, if they dont know about it.

Bronco Swag Bag (first 100 Bronco orderer)

Items to check (based on Bronco6g OP feedback):
Pulley rub/ proximity next to radiator hose
Coolant hose clamp tight
Battery terminals tight (negative loose)
MIC Hardtop rough/sharp edges, gaps, leaks, roof rattles latches...especially seal in middle
Test all roof latches (some missing)
Check seat stitching and ensure seats match
Check seatbelt webbing for defects
Interior and trunk lights/bulbs work
Roll all windows up at once
Check window auto-drop
No license plate mounting (if mounting alternate location)
Owners Manual and Tool kit in glovebox
Tailgate hinge area and fuel door has paint issues
Any TSBs/ Service Alerts? A-pillar leak TSB: 21-2403
Paint bubbles/paint defects
Missing paint in door jambs/door brackets, tailgate, fuel door
Body panel alignment
Whistling mirrors
Sound deadening installed
Check underneath for corrosion
Check for transport damage
Check for rail dust (small specs of rust that will corrode). Must be clay barred off and repainted, or try iron/rust remover
Fluids all full (oil, washer, brake)
Confirm SEVEN Quarts of oil filled, not six. Ref:
https:///forum/threads/bronco-team-engineering-confirms-7-0-quarts-for-2-7l-engine-oil-change-is-correct.29047/
Full tank of gas (we paid for it!)
Door bags
Strut on back window unglued from hardtop (why not drilled in??)
Check all three bolts in the fuse box for looseness
Sponsored