ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, that tailgate shows a complete lack of giving a shit. Multiple workers had to touch that tailgate to complete assembly. It’s obviously not correct and nobody cared enough to say anything. Imagine the less obvious quality defects that nobody cares about enough to correct.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, that tailgate shows a complete lack of giving a shit. Multiple workers had to touch that tailgate to complete assembly. It’s obviously not correct and nobody cared enough to say anything. Imagine the less obvious quality defects that nobody cares about enough to correct.
I can hear it now if they were asked "why?", Response: "Not my job" smh

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Took delivery yesterday and found an unpainted tailgate and fuel door. My sales guy said it's a new one on him, but he's seen some glaring mistakes before. He did enjoy having a story to perpetuate the Friday QC mythology.

20211125_100759.jpg
20211125_100816.jpg
Not to freak you out @Stefanmcd but did your Bronco arrive on-time per your email updates or was there a delay along the way?

The reason I ask is because my initial reaction after reading this and seeing the pics is that this didn’t occur at MAP but rather post-production and pre-delivery to you.

I suspect that these parts are likely painted during the assembly process and it should be almost impossible to miss these omissions.

I hope it is not the case but have you checked for other potential physical damage to the vehicle that would necessitate replacement of these parts and subsequent repaint?

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a perfect illustration of a 6 4? No.....possibly 2 sigma manufacturing process. Good job Ford, way to go all in with the retro nostalgia.

Sponsored

ABar

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That sucks. I cant believe that got pass everyone and got out to you like that. But the Line X idea is a good one.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like Michigan Assembly is going back to the 1970's era quality standards.

Where's the pride in their work? Pretty sad.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Truly the real Unicorn that soooooo many are claiming with their unique builds.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how in the hell does this get past whoever inspects these vehicles?
One would think it would have been caught at that point.
This is what has me scratching my head. I understand glitches happen, but damn this is QC's only job! I really want to believe this is just a small problem and were seeing it here in concentrated form!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bybotie

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge ST, 2021 Mustang Mach1 HP, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to freak you out @Stefanmcd but did your Bronco arrive on-time per your email updates or was there a delay along the way?

The reason I ask is because my initial reaction after reading this and seeing the pics is that this didn’t occur at MAP but rather post-production and pre-delivery to you.

I suspect that these parts are likely painted during the assembly process and it should be almost impossible to miss these omissions.

I hope it is not the case but have you checked for other potential physical damage to the vehicle that would necessitate replacement of these parts and subsequent repaint?
Exactly, I don't think this left the plant like this.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's interesting. Gate is painted on the car right? At least the outside is cause the hinge fasteners are painted body color. Perhaps the interior is painted as part of a separate process and then put on the car for final body painting? Or it's open, painted on the inside, then closed and the body undergoes final paint?

Regardless of what happened, someone was sleeping at the wheel as it had to be assembled!!

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery yesterday and found an unpainted tailgate and fuel door. My sales guy said it's a new one on him, but he's seen some glaring mistakes before. He did enjoy having a story to perpetuate the Friday QC mythology.

20211125_100759.jpg
20211125_100816.jpg
Send these pics to mike Levine’s Twitter this is unaceeeptable how does this leave map quality controle im starting to think the employees at map don’t give a fuck or I should say the robot that painted your bronco

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a perfect illustration of a 6 4? No.....possibly 2 sigma manufacturing process. Good job Ford, way to go all in with the retro nostalgia.
Had to look up Six Sigma mfg....Look at it this way...They're continuously improving! Just not on MY BRONCO DAMNIT!!!
In recent years, Lean Six Sigma have become the most popular business strategies for deploying continuous improvement [1] in manufacturing sectors, as well as in the public sector. Continuous improvement is the main aim for any organization in the world to help them to achieve quality and operational excellence and to enhance performance [

Reactions: Cat

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, this is just sad. Workers on the line not caring or paying attention. Quality Control not paying attention.

Didn't Ford use to have a saying, Quality was Job 1? Obviously from this and the wrong back seat and such, Quality might not even be job 10.
Sponsored