Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd see if you could could spin this in your favor and get them to LineX it for free. Bare paint isn't the best for a cargo area anyway.
Yeah, LineX the gas cap door too, just so you can be a badass.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well they said they were getting rid of anti matter blue, and apparently your Bronco was the last one built when the last bit of paint ran out. Amazing…..how in the hell does this get past whoever inspects these vehicles?
I think this is the case, the paint system ran out of paint and the robot had no pigment to spray. But why the truck wasn't tagged for rework and pulled from the line is interesting.

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How the HELL did this one make it out of the factory? Isn't the door installed by a human if so, was he blind?

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery yesterday and found an unpainted tailgate and fuel door. My sales guy said it's a new one on him, but he's seen some glaring mistakes before. He did enjoy having a story to perpetuate the Friday QC mythology.

Ford Bronco Friday build woes. My Bronco delivered with unpainted tailgate and fuel door 1637938683573
Ford Bronco Friday build woes. My Bronco delivered with unpainted tailgate and fuel door 1637938683573
Painting Robots always suck on Fridays..cuz they are working for the weekend

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Isn't that painted Leadfoot? lol

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news is..make all your drill holes for your tailgate table and then the dealer will paint for you.

but my question is looking at your pics..is that bigfoot? 😂🤣

Ford Bronco Friday build woes. My Bronco delivered with unpainted tailgate and fuel door 03ACC8BF-D63D-44DD-BE9A-727595E20BCD

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is sad for sure. No QC what so ever. But I'm with others, Line-X it and have Ford/dealer pick up the bill. I think Line-X sprays colors too so you can find a close match and have a way more durable tailgate than the rest.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

less inclined to throw my money at a product that obviously isn't ready for prime time.
I’m now less inclined to throw my money at a COMPANY that obviously isn't ready for prime time.

I’ve got two of these awesome little trucks on order, one was gonna be a daily driver and the other a fun ranch vehicle. Now I think I might keep the fun one (base, supposedly being built 12/20) and sell the other one at cost to a buddy who is dying for one but didn’t reserve on day one.

And then stay with BMW for daily driver, because then at least I know the QC issues…won’t be an issue. They don’t screw around, unlike whatever amateur hour they’ve got going at one our nation’s oldest and most venerable manufacturers.

It makes me sad, but clearly “Ford Tough” ain’t a thing anymore.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stefanmcd

Stefanmcd

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Exploder Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to freak you out @Stefanmcd but did your Bronco arrive on-time per your email updates or was there a delay along the way?

The reason I ask is because my initial reaction after reading this and seeing the pics is that this didn’t occur at MAP but rather post-production and pre-delivery to you.

I suspect that these parts are likely painted during the assembly process and it should be almost impossible to miss these omissions.

I hope it is not the case but have you checked for other potential physical damage to the vehicle that would necessitate replacement of these parts and subsequent repaint?
I haven't noticed anything else that would indicate shipment issues. My production date changed by a month, but once built it shipped as scheduled.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah i'd have them get it LineX'd and have them add the AMB to the lineX then you'll have a paint matched lineX job on the tailgate. That's a great idea

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Supply chain issues....ran out of paint.
its amusing because blue paint IS actually in a shortage.

though it appears to be more wall paint, not automotive paint, and clearly not the reason for this.

but funny to me none-the-less

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much easier to have the dealer body shop handle it. I mean, how is the factory going to paint just a tailgate? They're not equipped to do so.
Sorry... For sure it shouldn't of left the line like that but 🤷🏻
You're driving a Bronco when many aren't. Lol
Sponsored