JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unions are so corrupt and hurt business so much, it's crazy. They seriously reward people more based on how long they've worked at a company versus their performance, which is why union workers are often so complacent and have no motivation to work any harder than the 'bare basics'.
I’m all about workers rights but I’ve seen so many things just get pushed to the side like no worries unless it’s a serious safety hazard they really never get punished
Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand an unpainted gas flap. I can understand a loose clamp on the coolant hose or a wire bundle not zip-tied down. But an UNPAINTED tailgate or mixed up seats in a Bronco is INEXCUSABLE. This is a $50k to $60k vehicle and those types of mistakes missed by quality control is ridiculous.

What's next? A Bronco shipped without a steering wheel? No engine? It's like the movie Gung-ho come to life!!!

Pathetic Ford.... just pathetic.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, really, some here would walk? SMH

Easy fix, funny story to tell and you'll get a much better paint job done by hand on that part, probably more layers too than the 'how thing can we go and get away with it" factory paint.

And someone mentioned it above, this was probably noticed and figured a dealer fix, easier and faster than dismantling the truck to put it back in the robot paint booth.

QC on my truck so far has been great, have not found a single issue yet and something like this would have just made me laugh and tell the dealer to fix it when I bring it in for the first oil change and service.

It certainly would not make me leave the truck on the lot, LOL.

If you want a hand built vehicle, I'm afraid you'll have to call up Koenigsegg or similar, you'll be guaranteed zero issues. At a price. 60k is a ton of money, more than I ever spent on a car, but it's also not really that much for a large car, find something similar cheaper. Good luck.

Now I'm just waiting to be called a Ford fanboy again here, this being my first ever Ford, first American brand car, LOL.

Let them paint it, it'll be better than new and it's a funny story to tell. At least I think so.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol, really, some here would walk? SMH

Easy fix, funny story to tell and you'll get a much better paint job done by hand on that part, probably more layers too than the 'how thing can we go and get away with it" factory paint.

And someone mentioned it above, this was probably noticed and figured a dealer fix, easier and faster than dismantling the truck to put it back in the robot paint booth.

QC on my truck so far has been great, have not found a single issue yet and something like this would have just made me laugh and tell the dealer to fix it when I bring it in for the first oil change and service.

It certainly would not make me leave the truck on the lot, LOL.

If you want a hand built vehicle, I'm afraid you'll have to call up Koenigsegg or similar, you'll be guaranteed zero issues. At a price. 60k is a ton of money, more than I ever spent on a car, but it's also not really that much for a large car, find something similar cheaper. Good luck.

Now I'm just waiting to be called a Ford fanboy again here, this being my first ever Ford, first American brand car, LOL.

Let them paint it, it'll be better than new and it's a funny story to tell. At least I think so.
Option A: unfinished paint on Ford
Option B: Koenigsegg, apparently

the vast majority of cars are completely painted. You can buy a 20k car that at least fully painted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love these debates!

Everyone please 99 your order until Ford achieves manufacturing perfection!

Meanwhile I'll be happy to get mine, fully painted or not!

And I ordered the cursed 2.7L 😝

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was bad that my soft top seal was sticking out on delivery. When I got my assembly line picture it was the same way. Apparently I’m lucky they painted the whole thing.

the guy delivered on the same truck as me had none of his cameras working. I was surprised that made it out of the factory. This is a new level.

Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMB is a discontinued color. I guess you hit the end of the line and they ran out of paint. ;)

I am sorry it happened to you.

This would make me upset too for some time, but it can and it will be fixed. If possible, try to not let it take your excitement and joy away.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is a direct result of Ford's "cradle to driveway" Bronco marketing scheme that allows the end user unprecedented tracking of their dream vehicle. Any other "ho-hum" vehicle order, unloaded from the truck with unpainted areas like the OP's, would have been run straight to the selling dealer's body shop and the buyer most likely would never know the better..!

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took delivery yesterday and found an unpainted tailgate and fuel door. My sales guy said it's a new one on him, but he's seen some glaring mistakes before. He did enjoy having a story to perpetuate the Friday QC mythology.

20211125_100759.jpg
20211125_100816.jpg
also have you checked your door jams especially where the door hinges are , the hinge area should be fully painted for when the doors are off

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This thread is a direct result of Ford's "cradle to driveway" Bronco marketing scheme that allows the end user unprecedented tracking of their dream vehicle. Any other "ho-hum" vehicle order, unloaded from the truck with unpainted areas like the OP's, would have been run straight to the selling dealer's body shop and the buyer most likely would never know the better..!
Thank you for having Ford's back, of course this is not their fault, at Ford, Quality is Job None.

Of course, this is the consumers' fault for wanting to spend $40K, $50K, $60K or more, what is wrong with them thinking this kind of money would buy them a quality vehicle or that the dealer would do their PDI job, I guess it is just today's consumer's entitled mentality, go figure.

/s
Sponsored