Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sad to say but even when your bronco is shipped like mine it continues to be a total cluster F with lack of information. Mine was dropped off by train last week in Atlanta and now is on a “plant hold” which no one can explain. Dealer doesn’t know. Customer service at ford can’t tell me what it is. So now we wait for ???? Who knows what. I’d say I’m way lucky to be shipped and not on the Ice / Mud Mountain but now I’m not so sure. Could it sit in Atlanta for months? Dealer doesn’t have it ….. verified in photo. Lol. (There’s a twin but a hardtop in the pic)
Ford Bronco From chip hold to just plain hold! F904FE03-4859-4182-B149-3CC917C5A75A
:(
Hey @Ford Motor Company this is where the hero in the movie finds said bronco and expedites it to downtrodden character.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m there also!

In Transit Delay - Plant Hold Birmingham, AL Mar-08-2022, 17:28 UTC Apr-02-2022 Apr-08-2022

That’s 8 miles from the dealer.

It’s been over a month just sitting in the rail yard. My dealer has not one idea what’s going on with it.

Help me @Ford Motor Company

I reached out to the dealer like you asked but no one knows there. Can’t you help push these two the last little bit?

Help us out!

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m there also!

In Transit Delay - Plant Hold Birmingham, AL Mar-08-2022, 17:28 UTC Apr-02-2022 Apr-08-2022

That’s 8 miles from the dealer.

It’s been over a month just sitting in the rail yard. My dealer has not one idea what’s going on with it.

Help me @Ford Motor Company

I reached out to the dealer like you asked but no one knows there. Can’t you help push these two the last little bit?

Help us out!
Ford Bronco From chip hold to just plain hold! B18E3F93-9E4A-4217-8392-28794D872955

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No response. Chat folks from Ford just parrot what I’ve already been told. Limbo now until someone does something. What a feeling. 😡😡

Last edited:

WeirdFlex

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Honda CR-V, MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if this is part of the “not yet ready for dealer installed modules” thing they’re trying to consider doing. I’ve heard talks on @AllTerrainNation of Broncos being shipped with “most” of their working parts but for the dealer to install. Even for the owner to take delivery on a partially finished car minus some of the chip modules and to schedule installations at time of availability. I have 0 idea if this is in place or factual though…

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if this is part of the “not yet ready for dealer installed modules” thing they’re trying to consider doing. I’ve heard talks on @AllTerrainNation of Broncos being shipped with “most” of their working parts but for the dealer to install. Even for the owner to take delivery on a partially finished car minus some of the chip modules and to schedule installations at time of availability. I have 0 idea if this is in place or factual though…
I was thinking same thing but I would figure they would get it to dealer without delay. I “think” mine is sitting at a distribution lot waiting on a car hauler. Like everything else they leave us guessing all the way till your ass is in the seat.

WeirdFlex

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Honda CR-V, MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking same thing but I would figure they would get it to dealer without delay. I “think” mine is sitting at a distribution lot waiting on a car hauler. Like everything else they leave us guessing all the way till your ass is in the seat.
I would definitely agree. I’m not built yet, but I called the Bronco line since my dealer is kinda radio silent. She told me “call them any time, it’s their job!” So… apparently it’s on us to bug them and check in?

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would definitely agree. I’m not built yet, but I called the Bronco line since my dealer is kinda radio silent. She told me “call them any time, it’s their job!” So… apparently it’s on us to bug them and check in?
I’m now driving past dealer daily in case it randomly shows. Sad state of mind.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fresh check this PM. Still “plant hold” and no idea why. Who knew that after it was built we are still in for the same delays and lack of information. I guess they are consistent if nothing else with the lack of communication and failure to move.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the executive office called me again. Told me same story. Only this time she called it a chip hold but when i said plant hold she said yeah that’s the one. And should be released the 30th. I asked if it is complete or not. She said it needed a chip she thInks… i reminded her that from what i know it’s sitting in a train yard. Basically she was making a phone call to say she “responded”. They have no idea what is going on. No one does. MAYBE a guy at the plant does but he is locked away from people. I speculate (Cause that is all we can ever do) that someone flagged plant hold on all ice mountain broncos and BOOM plant hold and the mistaken email all happened at once even if you were shipped. What a shit show in the worst degree.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just bumping this to see if there are any updates or anyone else in the same situation.

I read the response about this being something about Broncos being delivered without chips but wouldn’t said Broncos be delivered to the dealership? What would be installed at a rail yard?

Some kind of “hold” keeping it in a rail yard for months just down the road from the dealership makes no sense to me.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like just the typical rail yard holdup. Mine sat at the railyard for 15 days before being transported to the dealer. I completely understand your frustration. The tracking addiction only makes it worse, I too had the sickness. At this point, there’s no way to kick the habit. The only cure is a bronco in the driveway. I hope you get your medicine soon.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like just the typical rail yard holdup. Mine sat at the railyard for 15 days before being transported to the dealer. I completely understand your frustration. The tracking addiction only makes it worse, I too had the sickness. At this point, there’s no way to kick the habit. The only cure is a bronco in the driveway. I hope you get your medicine soon.
I could understand the typical rail yard holdup but the trucking company can’t pick mine up because of the “plant hold”. Dozens of other fords have been picked up along with 3-4 other broncos while mine sits.

Just does not make sense. It’s been over 5 weeks now.
Sponsored