First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr OBX 2.7; Toyota 4Runner V8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

Happy motoring. Can't wait to see more of you in the wild!

Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There E1D161D1-8EF3-493C-B758-B2E076C7F5EB

4D4EDD26-7FB7-46C6-B239-D06131EA5288.jpeg

FAC57B82-131D-40C6-BB7E-C90B046F356A.jpeg

D14E7552-5095-4AA9-A7A0-0F1330DA9D31.jpeg

C81DB90C-0927-4640-8B08-5BA89874F4FB.jpeg

8C7BA02D-7FA2-449D-BC32-AF50DF8AAE0D.jpeg
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the encouraging words but Ford has extinguished the light in the tunnel with an airbag recall. Some inmates might be in for life! 😆

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beautiful!

HudsonAlex

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, 39 Hudson coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome, happy for you. I'm still waiting for my soft top that's been in production since 8/23.

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A two-door in the wild!!! Great build and a truly rare rig with AMB and two doors...unique! ✌ :)✌
I want to believe...

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outstanding Jason. Congratulations, and enjoy the ride.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you still get the free sound deadening headliner on the MIC 2.0 hardtop?

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the encouraging words but Ford has extinguished the light in the tunnel with an airbag recall. Some inmates might be in for life! 😆
It's gonna be an easy fix. You guys will be ok.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

Happy motoring. Can't wait to see more of you in the wild!

Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There 7B51159D-FF3D-4112-A04B-5889E2E4BD64

Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There 7B51159D-FF3D-4112-A04B-5889E2E4BD64

Glad you got yours, maybe you came in on a day when they were scheduling 2-doors! Good to see a non-sas OBX. Would love to know how those stock tires do on the beach, when aired down to 20#. When you drive on the Delaware Beach or wherever you go, let us know. I assume there's a very quiet ride with those tires, and I don't want to upsize to noise!

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats!