First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

Happy motoring. Can't wait to see more of you in the wild!

E1D161D1-8EF3-493C-B758-B2E076C7F5EB.jpeg

4D4EDD26-7FB7-46C6-B239-D06131EA5288.jpeg

FAC57B82-131D-40C6-BB7E-C90B046F356A.jpeg

D14E7552-5095-4AA9-A7A0-0F1330DA9D31.jpeg

C81DB90C-0927-4640-8B08-5BA89874F4FB.jpeg

8C7BA02D-7FA2-449D-BC32-AF50DF8AAE0D.jpeg

Uplander

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

E1D161D1-8EF3-493C-B758-B2E076C7F5EB.jpeg

4D4EDD26-7FB7-46C6-B239-D06131EA5288.jpeg

FAC57B82-131D-40C6-BB7E-C90B046F356A.jpeg

D14E7552-5095-4AA9-A7A0-0F1330DA9D31.jpeg

C81DB90C-0927-4640-8B08-5BA89874F4FB.jpeg

8C7BA02D-7FA2-449D-BC32-AF50DF8AAE0D.jpeg
Congrats fellow former-DM inmate. Mine came today too...
Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There IMG_5103
Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There IMG_5104

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice example of the 2dr. you can be proud of it. We are patiently waiting for our 2dr. w/hardtop.:cool:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the encouraging words but Ford has extinguished the light in the tunnel with an airbag recall. Some inmates might be in for life! 😆
Ford has been pretty lucky avoiding many airbag issues. Volvo just announced a recall of 460k vehicles after a driver was killed by an exploding airbag. Ford's recall is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

we are hanging in there. its all we an do. Thanks. Nice looking truck.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats on delivery of your pony and thank you for a very positive and informative report. Your perspective and observations were useful. The more I see the antimatter blue in the wild, the better I like it. Its actually a really beautiful color that pictures, videos and samples just did not do justice. Have an 11/29 build date for my A51 4dr OB SAS w/the 2.7. Maybe I'll see you somewhere out there on the beltway. If so, I'll throw you a big thumbs up.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

congrats i agree completely with the comment about the factory speakers, i got to test drive one a few weeks ago and the standard speakers sounded great to me, better than a stock jeep i dont know what everyone is complaining about, i ordered a lux package so it has to be either the same or slightly better

Sponsored

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Did you get any emails after Sept 23rd telling you that your Bronco was completed and being sent to your dealership or were surprised to hear it had arrived without warning?

OP
OP
Sheerhere

Sheerhere

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr OBX 2.7; Toyota 4Runner V8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the encouraging words but Ford has extinguished the light in the tunnel with an airbag recall. Some inmates might be in for life! 😆
Would be very disappointed if the air bag recall applies to my delivery.
Did you still get the free sound deadening headliner on the MIC 2.0 hardtop?
MIC 2.0 does include the headliner
Bob Bell is the dealership I am also going with. Can I ask how the transaction went? Thanks.
Great experience with the team at Bob Bell! Was in and out in about 2 hours. No surprises, no issues.
Congrats fellow former-DM inmate. Mine came today too...
Love it! Looking at your signature, your VIN and order number must be close to mine. 6/28 original build date before being pushed.
Did you get any emails after Sept 23rd telling you that your Bronco was completed and being sent to your dealership or were surprised to hear it had arrived without warning?
Yes, 9/25 was the built email with an 10/8 ETA

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would be very disappointed if the air bag recall applies to my delivery.

MIC 2.0 does include the headliner

Great experience with the team at Bob Bell! Was in and out in about 2 hours. No surprises, no issues.

Love it! Looking at your signature, your VIN and order number must be close to mine. 6/28 original build date before being pushed.

Yes, 9/25 was the built email with an 10/8 ETA
Wow that is really nice. I ordered a two door in the same color. My build date was 7/1 so I'm hoping it arrives this month.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting to get my email from Ford for production date. I’m a late reservation holder August/21.

Chance are slim I might get my 2 door badlands this winter. Who knows.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congratulations on finally getting your Bronco! I'm happy for you...
Sponsored