Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package

Husker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks for my Bronco-Fix!

Wonder how they had time to get underneath for those Pics?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
The undercairrage shots look as if they're taken while the vehicle wasn't moving, and not in traffic, so I'm left wondering if they're staged. The mule is also caught driving on the wrong side of the road in the turn ...

Anyway, I've seen this set of statements pop up multiple times with different sets of mule pictures and have to wonder what they're thinking ...

"The photographer says that the front and rear axles are the same coil spring solid units that should give the 2020 Bronco serious off-road performance."

"Sources say that the 2020 Bronco will use Dana Spicer AdvanTEK Axles with a Dana 33 in the front and a Dana 44 in the rear."

More than once I've seen the attribution of identifying the front "axle" as a Dana 33 given to the photographer, but this is the first time any actual shots of the front end that could even remotely identify such a thing were given -- and this is clearly not a solid axle.

I would very much like to believe that there is a stout new Dana "33" AdvanTek solid front axle under there, but other than the supposed claims by a "photographer" or other mysterious source, there is zero evidence to support it -- even the pictures taken by the "photographer" in question. Please prove me wrong, I want to be wrong ...

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL

BroncoMike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
"Is expected", in both sentences. Means, "we don't know either, but everyone else is saying that". They have nothing new to say, no facts to report, but they have bills to pay so they'll throw down some meaningless sentences.

Pictures are great, but the rest is guessing as you correctly pointed out. I will wager that Ford is not so tone deaf as to offer the Bronco with only a 4-banger, nor do I believe the next-gen Ranger will be similarly limited. The current Ranger is an old design that was finally imported so they wouldn't be left out of the game that the Colorado is cashing in on so well. The next model is being designed from the ground-up to include the American market and the powertrains American consumers expect; if Ford limits the Ranger (and Bronco) to a 4-cylinder, I believe it will earn a lukewarm reception at best.

Rocket

Outer Banks
First Name
Ralph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, F-150, Bronco
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco will be another SUV and a grocery getter, build a solid truck with solid axles, V-8 motor, gear driven transfer case with robust suspension. Forget the removable doors, .turbo chargers, hybrids and all the fluff. Jeep owners buy Jeeps, trying to mimic the wrangler is just foolish. Not too excited about what I have read on the "NEW" Bronco. The name will come back but the truck that made the name is not coming back.

BONESTOCK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
The Bronco will be another SUV and a grocery getter, build a solid truck with solid axles, V-8 motor, gear driven transfer case with robust suspension. Forget the removable doors, .turbo chargers, hybrids and all the fluff. Jeep owners buy Jeeps, trying to mimic the wrangler is just foolish. Not too excited about what I have read on the "NEW" Bronco. The name will come back but the truck that made the name is not coming back.
Oh how I hope you are as wrong as possible!

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think it's a bit foolish to even HOPE that it will have a V8. As unfortunate as it is, the world is moving away from V8s in anything short of a performance car. In a truck, there's just about no reason for it... turbo engines can provide the same low-end torque with less displacement, less weight and better fuel economy, so there's really no reason to have a big V8 in it.

Personally, I'd love to buy a Ford "jeep". I like Jeeps, but can't get behind FCA's reliability issues. As long as Ford can give me a 2 door SUV with a removable roof, removable doors, better towing capacity than the Jeep, and great ground clearance/off road capability, there's not much else i need out of it (although I'd LOVE if they gave us some sort of EB V6 option... even the 2.7 I'd be happy with). As much as I'd love the Bronco to be more F150 based, I don't think that will ever happen, and I'm not necessarily dissatisfied with that

Honestly, I hope it doesn't even have retro styling cues. I never understood the obsession with the "retro" look... if I wanted a car that looked and felt old, I'd buy an old car

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
For those of you who are already disappointed ...
https://www.gatewaybronco.com/ Or if you simply cannot wait: https://inventory.maxliderbros.com/vehicles
One of the interesting things about all of the resto-mod builders for Bronco, adding Icon and others to that list, is that they all offer V8s, and most of them offer nothing but V8s.

If Ford itself comes out offering nothing but engines that sound like weed-eaters that would be embarrassing. That auditory element is a big part of the concept and experience of what the Bronco SUV is. Remember Kumar Galhotra's interview where he talked about Lincoln/Mustang/Bronco and the idea of what a passion product like Bronco is, and that it lived in the imagination of the consumer, and Ford needed to recognize what it was and could not deviate too far from that. That certainly doesn't mean Ford can't offer other options, but to not even offer a V8 like some would insist ...

Those resto-mod companies are a rumbling beacon, representing the Bronco that lives in the public's imagination. Ford has had direct dealings with many of them, and it seems unlikely that they would be blind to public sentiment.

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER PROBABLY TOTALED SEARCHING FOR SHITBOX
I don’t think a V8 necessarily defines a bronco. Off road capability, removable top, styling, manual transmission, and having a capable engine are way more important.

Wilk

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 dodge dakota
Personally, I would like to see a fully electric bronco and they can just put some huge speakers underneath with that old V8 with a true dual exhaust sound coming out.

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
One of the interesting things about all of the resto-mod builders for Bronco, adding Icon and others to that list, is that they all offer V8s, and most of them offer nothing but V8s.

If Ford itself comes out offering nothing but engines that sound like weed-eaters that would be embarrassing. That auditory element is a big part of the concept and experience of what the Bronco SUV is. Remember Kumar Galhotra's interview where he talked about Lincoln/Mustang/Bronco and the idea of what a passion product like Bronco is, and that it lived in the imagination of the consumer, and Ford needed to recognize what it was and could not deviate too far from that. That certainly doesn't mean Ford can't offer other options, but to not even offer a V8 like some would insist ...

Those resto-mod companies are a rumbling beacon, representing the Bronco that lives in the public's imagination. Ford has had direct dealings with many of them, and it seems unlikely that they would be blind to public sentiment.
I feel a little taken out of context here, my gripe isn’t that I desire a 2.0L Diet Coke Bumblebee engine. My gripe is that it is already being written off as a grocery getting mall delivery SUV because it doesn’t have an old “reliable” distributor paired with a V8 and solid axles with with huge amounts of articulation thanks to springs/shocks made of hot butter. All the while those speculators have no clue what’s actually coming and have doors open to purchase exactly what they want, the re-imagined Mustang is nothing like the original, but the spirit lived on, let’s hope Ford can keep the Bronco spirit going I think that’s what everyone really wants.

Advertisement

Advertisement