Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a friend in town with an early timestamp and order placed through the same dealer. She’s not on forums or in the loop, and since the dealer doesn’t communicate, she didn’t know the painted top for her OBX will delay her build/order. I talked to her today and told her she could have changed to a grey MIC and she didn’t know what that was. Showed her a pic and she loves it and is livid nobody told her she would be delayed and that she had this option to prevent that.
Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@thesyncguru

Just to clarify, does “First Editions and Timestamps together” mean First editions sorted by their own time stamp, or First editions as well as “normal” orders all together based on time stamps?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@thesyncguru

Just to clarify, does “First Editions and Timestamps together” mean First editions sorted by their own time stamp, or First editions as well as “normal” orders all together based on time stamps?
Pretty sure it's the latter. FEs will be grouped in with all other reservations according to overall time stamp.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks OP. Even if you disagree from a fairness standpoint at least there was some process they were using to determine email build notifications. I must admit it’s shocking that a good portion of those late reservation holders seemed genuinely surprised at their good fortune. You would have thought those dealerships would have been anxious to share their generous actions with the recipients of such a valuable gift. I can say that I called and asked my dealership what in the hell was going on.....and he feigned ignorance. I don’t appreciate being lied to and that will effect future purchases at that dealership, and I don’t appreciate a lack of clarity by Ford prior to yesterday’s circus so that we could be cognizant of what we were witnessing in real time.
However, If the prior Ford process is restored now, and we can continue as described above, then we can move on from here and chalk it up to business as usual. But if there are more surprises........I suppose I’ll rant and rave and continue to powerlessly wait for my Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@thesyncguru

The way I read it was timestamp and FE have the same weight. However scheduling of FEs will happen first. I have a badlands with an ultra early reservation and have seen others get scheduled with priority 1 so my guess is they will run both simultaneously at production even if they schedule FE this week coming and the rest the next week you could still get an early June production on something not FE. Just my interpretation of course

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, the next whine fest on B6G will be about delivery. 😂 I can see it now. “I live in Mississippi and someone in Louisiana got theirs first!“

1618601312597.jpeg
Yes...this. Then, after everyone on this forum has received their Bronco, the whine fests will turn to "someone told me the cupholders would fit a super big gulp and they don't" and "Ford promised me 8" of ground clearance and it's only 7 7/8" " or maybe even "how did someone get 2.9% financing and I didn't?!?" Some people whine just to hear themselves talk.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats to the people who received priority builds, but that's major BS from Ford. No point in a timestamp system if there's no guarantee and they line jump people. Just my 2¢. I reserved within the first 24 hours and if I get delayed until winter or later I'll just go in on the equivalent 2 door manual Rubicon until Ford decides I'm worthy to pay them for a vehicle. The recent April constraints make it look like a 2 door badlands will not have a good chance at being produced soon 😒

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes...this. Then, after everyone on this forum has received their Bronco, the whine fests will turn to "someone told me the cupholders would fit a super big gulp and they don't" and "Ford promised me 8" of ground clearance and it's only 7 7/8" " or maybe even "how did someone get 2.9% financing and I didn't?!?" Some people whine just to hear themselves talk.
Complains about people complaining... You win irony of the day!

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just wonder where the dealer appeasement over customers will end. They didn't like the reservation system - so they got ford to make "allocations". Then that wasn't enough for them, so they made "priority orders". What's next? Will MY22 roll around with over 100,000 customers still waiting and dealers get mad they don't have stock? Next thing we know Ford might say MY22 will be 50% customer 50% stock and it turns into MY23 vs settle for an MSRP stock that's close to your build.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a friend in town with an early timestamp and order placed through the same dealer. She’s not on forums or in the loop, and since the dealer doesn’t communicate, she didn’t know the painted top for her OBX will delay her build/order. I talked to her today and told her she could have changed to a grey MIC and she didn’t know what that was. Showed her a pic and she loves it and is livid nobody told her she would be delayed and that she had this option to prevent that.
Good thing she’s got you!

Have her contact her dealer so they can modify her order and give her the MIC top if she wants it.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's….oddly specific :unsure:
Specific and unlikely. Mississippi is so used to being last that I don't think they'll complain.

I just wonder where the dealer appeasement over customers will end. They didn't like the reservation system - so they got ford to make "allocations". Then that wasn't enough for them, so they made "priority orders". What's next? Will MY22 roll around with over 100,000 customers still waiting and dealers get mad they don't have stock? Next thing we know Ford might say MY22 will be 50% customer 50% stock and it turns into MY23 vs settle for an MSRP stock that's close to your build.
The priority order thing was inevitable. Ford and dealers had to have a way to get these out ASAP to influencers and big wigs. Several folks have mentioned their dealers took the earliest timestamp and made that the priority order which will reduce the impact to the rest of us if that was a fairly common practice.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This could all just be marketing genius at work. If the first majority of people to get their Broncos and therefore start buzzing around YT and other social media are Priority and FE people, then this is a way to make sure the happiest people get to spread the love for Bronco with the most coverage. A lot of people here that are non FE and didn't hit the "lottery", have perceived a terrible experience from all of this. They may not be as exuberant or even post social positively at all, after receiving their Bronco. But Ford needs to look at years of future Bronco sales, and doesn't need a bunch of already pissed off people to be the first ones with real world reviews. Meh, just a theory.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what the hang-up is with this really.

You are a priority to the dealer (extension of Ford) you get it first. Sure their will be dealers taking advantage of this but it happens.

FE come next. May/may-not be a return customer or even a Ford owner. You ordered first and spent the cheese i.e. you won an online browser lottery.

Then by list and part availability.

All I can say is my dealer had over 100 orders, around 60 converted, under 30 scheduled for 21, and I think 2 or less priority. I'm not one of the priority and that's ok. There are lifelong customers of that dealership that have one ordered. I hope they get it first even if that pushes me/everyone back.
Sponsored