Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok so this is mentioned a few times... one week FE and one week regular and then clean up. Seems from June schedule people have been scheduled during clean up weeks. What does clean up mean? Actually, clean up...cleaning Paint up etc? Or taking care of odds and end orders?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
since the dealer doesn’t communicate, she didn’t know the painted top for her OBX will delay her build/order
Weird, Ford corporate communicated this directly to reservation-holders via email.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so this is mentioned a few times... one week FE and one week regular and then clean up. Seems from June schedule people have been scheduled during clean up weeks. What does clean up mean? Actually, clean up...cleaning Paint up etc? Or taking care of odds and end orders?
Clean up means that after the first round of scheduling, Ford will schedule the remaining availability of production vehicles. Incrementally that could mean one or two extras that didn't show in the first week or two at the dealer level. This again is based on estimated production levels and what parts and pieces they have left and can build for the first month. A couple weeks later they will be scheduling for July and so on.

Simple example: Lets say you are a carpenter and you tell a builder that you can finish 6 of their hight end houses by next month because you only have enough trim to complete those 6. Yet you have another client that is 3 months down the line with a much more basic and smaller house. After calculating your labor time and amount of trim you have left over, you realize that you can fit that small house in this next month as well, so you call them and pull them forward to maximize your production, instead of getting 6 big houses done , you now have 6 big ones and 1 small one. Now replace high end big houses with Wildtrak Lux and small house with Big Bend 2.3 lol.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good thing she’s got you!

Have her contact her dealer so they can modify her order and give her the MIC top if she wants it.
She has tried to get the dealer to answer questions previously with no luck. Me too.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most people don’t read every corporate mass email unless they are Bronco nuts. She had an early red and placed her order in early March. She didn’t think she had to do anything else. Which is reasonable.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best & most informative post I've seen in a long time. Thank you!
Yeah. It seems like folks are either asking ridiculous questions (use search!!!), making ridiculous statements, ranting about ridiculous notions, or crying about ridiculous shit. It's about damned time something useful was posted here. All that other nonsense is just...ridiculous!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Clean up means that after the first round of scheduling, Ford will schedule the remaining availability of production vehicles. Incrementally that could mean one or two extras that didn't show in the first week or two at the dealer level. This again is based on estimated production levels and what parts and pieces they have left and can build for the first month. A couple weeks later they will be scheduling for July and so on.

Simple example: Lets say you are a carpenter and you tell a builder that you can finish 6 of their hight end houses by next month because you only have enough trim to complete those 6. Yet you have another client that is 3 months down the line with a much more basic and smaller house. After calculating your labor time and amount of trim you have left over, you realize that you can fit that small house in this next month as well, so you call them and pull them forward to maximize your production, instead of getting 6 big houses done , you now have 6 big ones and 1 small one. Now replace high end big houses with Wildtrak Lux and small house with Big Bend 2.3 lol.
Loving my 'small house' Big Bend non Sas 2.3!

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird, Ford corporate communicated this directly to reservation-holders via email.
That would involve first opening the email titled
"Bronco Reservation Holder Update"
and reading 3rd paragraph with the painted modular roof update. It's easier to blame someone else. :rolleyes:

I think clean up is after they exhaust their commodity supply in reservation order, they will start skipping down the list and slot others further down based on parts availability to maximize production output.

Last edited:

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what the hang-up is with this really.

You are a priority to the dealer (extension of Ford) you get it first. Sure their will be dealers taking advantage of this but it happens.

FE come next. May/may-not be a return customer or even a Ford owner. You ordered first and spent the cheese i.e. you won an online browser lottery.

Then by list and part availability.

All I can say is my dealer had over 100 orders, around 60 converted, under 30 scheduled for 21, and I think 2 or less priority. I'm not one of the priority and that's ok. There are lifelong customers of that dealership that have one ordered. I hope they get it first even if that pushes me/everyone back.
You hope a stranger gets bumped in front of you because the dealer likes them?

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer. All of the info I am providing is paraphrased so forgive me if I am screwing up the terminology. He informed me he submitted my order for a build. No guarantees, but I should have a good shot at getting built early (thinking back on the convo, I don't believe he specifically said in June/July). He said when he submitted my order, there were no issues so commodity restraints should not be an issue. I am 3rd in line at the dealership with a 4am 7/14 reservation. The 2 people in front of me are VIPs to the dealer anyways so I don't believe they bumped anyone ahead of me.

I have my fingers crossed I get an email in the next 2 weeks. If not, it will be a bummer but I'll find out in May anyways. My dealer has been responsive to my questions so far so we'll see what happens.

Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some people get to skip the line ,people who friends with dealership/ sales men got moved ahead of the people who might have a earlier reservation number .
My dealer gave his to a guy whose dad had always wanted one but died of a stroke. And ya, I believe him.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer gave his to a guy whose dad had always wanted one but died of a stroke. And ya, I believe him.
true or not he should have still waited tell his turn in line came up or if it was that importing to him he would have put in a reservation on the first day

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. The sales manager at my dealer straight up told me he gave the one priority order they had to the owner who ordered one. If I owned the dealership I would want my sales manager to do the same, so don’t blame them for that.

Last edited:

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Complains about people complaining... You win irony of the day!
Not complaining about anything...just stating the obvious. People love to find something wrong with everything, which can be quite amusing at times. Other times...not so much.
Sponsored