NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those in the know: how difficult is it to adjust the vertical placement of the bumpers on one or both sides?

I’ve noticed on my FE (and many other Broncos, particularly with the HD bumpers, via photos on this forum and Instagram) that one side of the bumper sits slightlyyyyyyyyyyyy higher than the other relative to the body. We’re talking .5-1cm difference between the 2.

Is this an easy adjustment to have made?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment IMG_0942

Here is my front bumper, for example. You can see that the right (driver's) side sits slightly lower than the left. Hoping it's an easy adjustment! My rear bumper has the same issue.

Like I said, I've noticed the same to varying degrees in MANY Instagram and forum owners' posts, particularly with the HD bumpers. Don't hold me responsible if you go inspect yours and find similar when maybe you hadn't noticed it before now ;)!

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment IMG_0942

Here is my front bumper, for example. You can see that the right (driver's) side sits slightly lower than the left. Hoping it's an easy adjustment! My rear bumper has the same issue.

Like I said, I've noticed the same to varying degrees in MANY Instagram and forum owners' posts, particularly with the HD bumpers. Don't hold me responsible if you go inspect yours and find similar when maybe you hadn't noticed it before now ;)!
Great! This friggin truck is going to drive my OCD absolutely CRAZY when I get it in the next year or three! 🤯

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great! This friggin truck is going to drive my OCD absolutely CRAZY when I get it in the next year or three! 🤯
I suspect many wouldn't notice this. Although some look to be more noticeable than others based on my research.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's probably not your bumper. Particularly if it is the same in the rear. It's more likley that the body is sitting crooked on the body mounts to the frame. The body mounts are reasonably soft compared to the steel frame or bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's probably not your bumper. Particularly if it is the same in the rear. It's more likley that the body is sitting crooked on the body mounts to the frame. The body mounts are reasonably soft compared to the steel frame or bumper.
Is it really _more_ likely that the body is cockeyed relative to the frame than the bumper itself being misaligned/needing adjustment? I suppose there are probably locations (the body mounts themselves maybe?) that I could measure to determine if this is the case. If it is, is this normal/worrisome? I've never had, or at least noticed, a similar situation with my recent BoF vehicles...

It's hard to tell in this photo, but I've noticed that the bumper is similarly misaligned relative to the active shutters and the intercooler or radiator gills or whatever is right there near the ACC sensor, not sure if those would be expected to be aligned with the body or frame, but if what you said is true I guess they'd be in alignment with the body rather than the frame?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like every truck Ford builds, there are 2 frame horns (in cyber orange below) and your bumper is bolted to that frame horn. Just loosen the bolts on the driver side and raise your bumper to the desired height and tightened the bolts.

Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment 1627572953874

Last edited:
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like every truck Ford builds, there are 2 frame horns (in cyber orange below) and your bumper is bolted to that frame horn. Just lossen the bolts on the driver side and raise your bumper to the desired height and tightened the bolts.

1627572953874.png
You're magical! I will gladly find someone to pay to do this for me!

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could be both body and bumper. I once had an explorer that the body was set on the frame crooked and one rear wheel stuck out 5/8" farther than the other side, it wasn't apparent until I put bigger tires on.

Bumper mounts are almost always slotted for some fine tuning.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I once had an explorer that the body was set on the frame crooked and one rear wheel stuck out 5/8" farther than the other side
This is the stuff of nightmares for me

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the stuff of nightmares for me
The thing is there's so much slop in the mounts you can correct it by loosening the mounts and shoving it over.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you stick a level on it?
This isn't an issue with it being level relative to the ground/gravity as suspension, the levelness of the ground, differences in weight on the left and right side of the vehicle confound that type of comparison.
Sponsored