First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So seeing how expensive squatch and Badlands are, and the fact that I dont need anything more than the inverter in the mid pack. I need a way to have the heavy duty axles, no floor carpet, good bumpers and skid plates all around $40,000. My hope is that I can get a basic Black Diamond 4 door and buy the M220 FDU for $1800. I have no problem swapping a diff out my only concern would be driveshaft and axleshaft bolt patterns.

Anyone have any insights?
Any other built not bought folks out there?
What plans do you have?
How far are you willing to cut into it to get what you want?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely going to be doable. I'd like to see part numbers for the CV axles and driveshafts, if they're the same across all trims it's a go.

I'm curious how long it will take RCV to make CV axles for us, and how bad it's going to hurt.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the BD for just this reason,should be able to find a few BL in scrap yards in near future.loook at the girl.... er little bronco

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the Base Sasquatch and rip the carpet out.
I believe MaverickMan MUST have a manual.... but otherwise you can't beat that set up.

As I recall, my Base Squatch build was around 40 with floor liners and all that crap....the V6 was 42/43-ish.
EDIT: DUHP...my builds were 2dr...

EDIT2: 4dr BaseSquatch + bumper & switches = 41505

The info I have read on the half shafts is conflicting. A member with inside engineering info once said ALL half shafts are the same....base to Squatch....Ford accessory list seems to suggest otherwise, but I may be interpreting it wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe MaverickMan MUST have a manual.... but otherwise you can't beat that set up.

As I recall, my Base Squatch build was around 40 with floor liners and all that crap....the V6 was 42/43-ish.
EDIT: DUHP...my builds were 2dr...

EDIT2: 4dr BaseSquatch + bumper & switches = 41505

The info I have read on the half shafts is conflicting. A member with inside engineering info once said ALL half shafts are the same....base to Squatch....Ford accessory list seems to suggest otherwise, but I may be interpreting it wrong.
Yes manuals are the only Bronco that get into Valhalla. I havent reserved yet but am getting antsy( told myself I would reserve by the end of the year sorry im poor-ish)and part numbers on this stuff is kinda whats holding me up. Aswell as mansquatch and basemansquatch. I do believe that a manual will be available with something other than the 2.3 one day aswell. Also getting 4.7 would be nice since I live on a tiny island with maybe 20 total miles of high speed road.

I got the BD for just this reason,should be able to find a few BL in scrap yards in near future.loook at the girl.... er little bronco
Yeah there is already bronco sports in the scrapyard some where, so its coming. My bet for plentiful parts is on OB painted flares everywhere, but not full sets :ROFLMAO:

Get the Base Sasquatch and rip the carpet out.
It is something I have considered because I cant believe base wont have a manual in 2022. I am a lil worried about the floor underneath needing more protection though if its just the body paint. So then I get to pull the seats and make a mess with bed liner.

Hopefully in a few months all the part numbers will be available and hints at 2022 option should come by fall. I am willing to do some good swaps to get the Bronco that I can look back on in 25 years and talk about how I got the best Bronco I could right off the bat even though I had to swap wheels with a ranger or base behind the dealership. Love those 16 steels.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little birdie told me that there are a number of aftermarket options and solutions being designed and tested as we speak.
🐦🐤🐣🐥
Please edit your post and insert one of these emojis or something similar.
K? thanx.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely going to be doable. I'd like to see part numbers for the CV axles and driveshafts, if they're the same across all trims it's a go.
You want me to ruin it for ya? 5 total, one for Adrenaline Pkg, one for Badlands, one for OB, BD, Base and BB, a stage V for OB and WT, and one for stage V Adrenaline Pkg.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You want me to ruin it for ya? 5 total, one for Adrenaline Pkg, one for Badlands, one for OB, BD, Base and BB, a stage V for OB and WT, and one for stage V Adrenaline Pkg.
Looks like people will need to get creative and throw more parts at it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to trade in for the Adrenaline Pkg.... Don't know what it is, but I want it!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
🐦🐤🐣🐥
Please edit your post and insert one of these emojis or something similar.
K? thanx.
There are forum members who work in various aspects of the automotive unisphere and polite questions can be asked.

However, unlike that one time that Ashley was "Smashly" and outted the Stig as he was taking inappropriate pictures of Broncos in the MAP assembly areas, I don't out any source that has requested anonymity. (@618TRVLWILD)

That would be dark irony indeed if I were to let my source down, or run around and desert them, or lie and hurt them now wouldn't it!

Ford Bronco Front axle swap on Black Diamond? giphy[1]

giphy[1].gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are forum members who work in various aspects of the automotive unisphere and polite questions can be asked.

However, unlike that one time that Ashley was "Smashly" and outted the Stig as he was taking inappropriate pictures of Broncos in the MAP assembly areas, I don't out any source that has requested anonymity.

That would be dark irony indeed if I were to let my source down, or run around and desert them, or lie and hurt them now wouldn't it!

Ford Bronco Front axle swap on Black Diamond? giphy[1]
Never gonna give em up!

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only ironic if you wrote the song, but you shouldn't out your sources.
Sponsored