Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are forum members who work in various aspects of the automotive unisphere and polite questions can be asked.

However, unlike that one time that Ashley was "Smashly" and outted the Stig as he was taking inappropriate pictures of Broncos in the MAP assembly areas, I don't out any source that has requested anonymity.

That would be dark irony indeed if I were to let my source down, or run around and desert them, or lie and hurt them now wouldn't it!

The point was literal, if you use the term "a little birdie" , you should insert a little birdie emoji.
Stop trying to buck the trend of cute social media pleasantries. 🙄
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked into this already. I don't have the FoMCo p/n on hand, but IIRC, the price was $1,200 for the locking front axle, which I assume means the diff and drive axles. It's in the parts catalog posted here on B6G.

My question is programming the ECU to recognize the front diff is lockable for GOAT modes, and how to add the hero switch for the diff.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked into this already. I don't have the FoMCo p/n on hand, but IIRC, the price was $1,200 for the locking front axle, which I assume means the diff and drive axles. It's in the parts catalog posted here on B6G.

My question is programming the ECU to recognize the front diff is lockable for GOAT modes, and how to add the hero switch for the diff.
The goat modes are irrelevant to me since Im buying a manual. However the switch is something we havent seen add ins for yet that i know of.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking about the CVs.....what are the "Upgraded Half Shafts" that are listed on the Ford accessory list?

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The aftermarket will provide. Trust the aftermarket! LOL

I may not really understand your concern. That said, I wouldn't worry about trying to get factory axle shafts right now.

Reality is, D44 axle shafts (even chromoly) aren't that hard to break rock crawling. There will be a lot of people ditching their stock shaft to upgrayedd to stronger shafts and/or longer shafts for long travel.

There is going to be a lot of cool stuff drop in the next months.

long travel (Bajakits), Straight axle swap kits (artec Ind is probably champing at the bit), LS swaps, etc., I'm sure you've seen the funhaver ranger (Those guys have all but said that all that is transferable between the two vehicles).

Ford is wise to have their own line of accessories but the aftermarket is going go nuts.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So seeing how expensive squatch and Badlands are, and the fact that I dont need anything more than the inverter in the mid pack. I need a way to have the heavy duty axles, no floor carpet, good bumpers and skid plates all around $40,000. My hope is that I can get a basic Black Diamond 4 door and buy the M220 FDU for $1800. I have no problem swapping a diff out my only concern would be driveshaft and axleshaft bolt patterns.

Anyone have any insights?
Any other built not bought folks out there?
What plans do you have?
How far are you willing to cut into it to get what you want?
Early Bronco 44 and suspension set up.
Any Bronco parts house has all that!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So seeing how expensive squatch and Badlands are, and the fact that I dont need anything more than the inverter in the mid pack. I need a way to have the heavy duty axles, no floor carpet, good bumpers and skid plates all around $40,000. My hope is that I can get a basic Black Diamond 4 door and buy the M220 FDU for $1800. I have no problem swapping a diff out my only concern would be driveshaft and axleshaft bolt patterns.
Old thread, but FPP says that driveshaft & axles must be upgraded also.

Ford Bronco Front axle swap on Black Diamond? 1630214540980

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3002-470BF

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)