First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im about to pull the trigger on a aftermarket front bumper for my BD without the modular steel front bumper. Has anyone done this? Was installation difficult, or if you paid someone to do it! If so, what did it run you?
Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the plethora of "how to" videos for each, and it seems, every iteration of bumpers onYouTube, I would tackle it with a friend. Or if you are used to wrenching by ones self. I plan to do mine, once I fully heal from rotator cuff surgery.

Edit: Hint. If you are falling, tuck and roll, don't put your arm out! >mutters<

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently mo
With the plethora of "how to" videos for each, and it seems, every iteration of bumpers onYouTube, I would tackle it with a friend. Or if you are used to wrenching by ones self. I plan to do mine, once I fully heal from rotator cuff surgery.

Edit: Hint. If you are falling, tuck and roll, don't put your arm out! >mutters<

I moved 1100 miles 9 months ago so tackling this with a buddy probably isn’t going to happen and the bumper weighs over 100lbs so I will have to figure that out. Not sure why I didn’t think to check YouTube.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the DV8 OE Plus bumper installed with lights. I had 4WP do it because of electric work. Bumper only took like 2 hours but it was the wiring of lights that took awhile. So if you are planning on putting lights, that is the intricate part. You will need two people at points to help put the bumper in place.

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the DV8 OE Plus bumper installed with lights. I had 4WP do it because of electric work. Bumper only took like 2 hours but it was the wiring of lights that took awhile. So if you are planning on putting lights, that is the intricate part. You will need two people at points to help put the bumper in place.
What I tried to say above is I moved 9 months ago and don’t have anyone reliable to give me a hand and since the bumper I want weighs over 100lbs I think I’m just going to have to pay to have the exact bumper you had installed, installed. Can you post a picture of yours?

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What I tried to say above is I moved 9 months ago and don’t have anyone reliable to give me a hand and since the bumper I want weighs over 100lbs I think I’m just going to have to pay to have the exact bumper you had installed, installed. Can you post a picture of yours?
[/QUOTE

Here is the only pic I have. I don’t have outfitters so 4wp took longer to hook up my lights because I needed to have aux wires ran. I’d say bumper alone is 2ish hours and lights will depend on set up but 1.5 to3 hours. I think any mechanic that does 4x4s can do this. Just use those hours times their hourly rate.

And the bumper is great. I had the plastic one so huge upgrade. Getting D Rings and will get my plate installed on the bottom portion when the plate holder gets here.

Good luck.
Ford Bronco Front Bumper installation EC82327E-990D-4763-9164-0DE0471E14DA

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did it myself and on someone else's bronco. Its not bad to do, you'll need another person to help you get the bumper at some point.

Hardest/tedious part is adding lights or running wiring for the parking sensors and lights.
Sponsored