Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen an aftermarket front bumper yet with a 2" hitch receiver instead of a fixed winch mount?

I want the ability to move the hitch from the front of the truck to the back on a hitch receiver winch mount. Plus, I do not want my trail camera nor intercooler blocked by a winch. This really seems like the only way that can happen until Ford moves that camera up.
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This video goes through a bunch of incoming and currently available aftermarket bumpers. I watched it a few days ago, don't recall any mention of a front hitch for any of them, but again it was a few days ago.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any welder could easily accomplish this on probably any bumper with a flat/level lower surface.
I probably wouldn’t trust MY welds to be rated at 10,000 pounds tho, LOL.

Be aware, though, that winches are heavy….not so easily toted around by hand….and mounted to the bumper via receiver hitch will drastically reduce your approach and departure angles

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bo-Ronco

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any welder could easily accomplish this on probably any bumper with a flat/level lower surface.
I probably wouldn’t trust MY welds to be rated at 10,000 pounds tho, LOL.

Be aware, though, that winches are heavy….not so easily toted around by hand….and mounted to the bumper via receiver hitch will drastically reduce your approach and departure angles
I make a storage location for the hitch in the cargo area to securely keep it in the vehicle when I go offroading; otherwise it stays in my garage. Winch only gets moved to the outside of the vehicle for a recovery situation. I have had this setup on previous trucks and it was perfect. Also, being that the bumper doesn't have to accommodate a winch integrally it makes it to where you can design a tighter fitting bumper with a better approach angle.

Plus, I live in the Houston area. They steal everything around here. I'd much rather have that winch in my garage on a day to day basis.

Finally, that winch and cable will last a lot longer not being exposed to the elements 24/7.

Sponsored

KenM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV Ram Prospector, Bronco, HD RG & Pan America
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone seen an aftermarket front bumper yet with a 2" hitch receiver instead of a fixed winch mount?

I want the ability to move the hitch from the front of the truck to the back on a hitch receiver winch mount. Plus, I do not want my trail camera nor intercooler blocked by a winch. This really seems like the only way that can happen until Ford moves that camera up.
I know this is an old thread, but is anyone making a front receiver hitch these days? I’d really like this option.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed!
Sponsored