Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd be worried that relocating the camera might mess up the algorithms the software uses to determine space/distance. Has it been confirmed this wouldnt be an issue?

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd be worried that relocating the camera might mess up the algorithms the software uses to determine space/distance. Has it been confirmed this wouldnt be an issue?
The ACC radar and camera above the rearview mirror take care of those things. Trail cam is just a trail cam if I'm not mistaken.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would something like this work to relocate the camera in front of the winch?
Maybe Fakra LVDS cable for front camera electrical. I can't confirm since Ford doesn't seem to want to build my bronco. :)

Ford Bronco front Camera relocation 1634336656362

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ACC radar and camera above the rearview mirror take care of those things. Trail cam is just a trail cam if I'm not mistaken.
The only thing that I’d imagine moving the front camera would do is screw with the 360’ view.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only thing that I’d imagine moving the front camera would do is screw with the 360’ view.
A 6-8 inch forward move would not concern me. anything more it might not stitch right.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ACC is mounted in the lower front fairing. Hence why they state the Ford Warn winch setup doesn't work with ACC.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ACC is mounted in the lower front fairing. Hence why they state the Ford Warn winch setup doesn't work with ACC.
Several companies have ACC relocate fits for their respective Bronco bumpers and winch setups.

I'm pretty sure all trims have the ACC radar, it's used for others things besides ACC. I could be wrong.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Several companies have ACC relocate fits for their respective Bronco bumpers and winch setups.

I'm pretty sure all trims have the ACC radar, it's used for others things besides ACC. I could be wrong.
I have never got a straight answer- I always assumed the bumper was ACC the emergency braking etc I assumed was in the windshield

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have never got a straight answer- I always assumed the bumper was ACC the emergency braking etc I assumed was in the windshield
The windshield cam is for Lane Keeping, radar/acc module for breaking.

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is no longer correct. I have the Ford winch kit on my Bronco and it does not block the ACC and the ACC works. You do need to zip tie the cables up high to get them out of the way. Ford also came out with a TSB for the front parking sensors. Now I just need to find a camera relocation as JCR said theirs isn't compatible with three Ford kit. I'm guessing the bar gets in the way.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is incorrect. I have the Ford winch kit on my Bronco and it does not block the ACC and the ACC works. You do need to zip tie the cables up high to get them out of the way. Ford also came out with a TSB for the front parking sensors. Now I just need to find a camera relocation as JCR said theirs isn't compatible with three Ford kit. I'm guessing the bar gets in the way.
My statement you quoted from 6 months ago was correct at the time. Things may have changed since then. Ford also had a disclaimer that it wouldn't work with high or lux package. Heck, one couldnt even add this to their build order at one point if you optioned for the high or lux package. Similar if one had a first edition 4dr they couldnt option for the tow package.

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My statement you quoted from 6 months ago was correct at the time. Things may have changed since then. Ford also had a disclaimer that it wouldn't work with high or lux package. Heck, one couldnt even add this to their build order at one point if you optioned for the high or lux package. Similar if one had a first edition 4dr they couldnt option for the tow package.
I updated my post to say that it was no longer correct, however the ACC thing was never true which was really my point. I had actually ordered the DV8 ACC relocation bracket and then found out from another forum member that his ACC worked fine with the Ford kit. The Ford winch kit does not block the ACC or interfere with it working properly as long as the wiring is up and out of the way. The issues with the parking sensors definitely remains, hence the TSB. All that does is keep the system from turning the front sensors back on if you've turned them off in settings on restarts.

andymitchell

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition 4 Door, 2008 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is no longer correct. I have the Ford winch kit on my Bronco and it does not block the ACC and the ACC works. You do need to zip tie the cables up high to get them out of the way. Ford also came out with a TSB for the front parking sensors. Now I just need to find a camera relocation as JCR said theirs isn't compatible with three Ford kit. I'm guessing the bar gets in the way.
Can you post a photo? I have a First Edition with the factory winch and they (the dealer) are saying I need to remove it if I want the ACC to work. Thanks.
Sponsored