Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco is only a few days old and when I went to use the front camera today it shows as a black screen. The rest of the cameras are working. I have the high package in the OBX. It had worked previously. Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution before I call my dealer when they open? Thanks
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd try the regular stuff if you are trying to avoid the dealer.

Maybe disconnect the battery for a bit, try a sync reset, or check the camera's harness.

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd try the regular stuff if you are trying to avoid the dealer.

Maybe disconnect the battery for a bit, try a sync reset, or check the camera's harness.
Thanks. I tried a reset. Will try the battery. Not sure I can get to the harness without taking a lot apart. Will call the dealer if battery doesn’t fix it. All the other cameras are fine and no warnings. Just black front screen.

8EEB50F0-01AA-4E9F-B981-CD977B1D62A5.jpeg

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question, I know, but have you already visually inspected the front camera/lens to ascertain there is any physical damage/obstruction that could account for the issue?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Image processing module may be bad. We had one dead off the transport and have heard of other dealers seeing the same thing.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the main reasons I recommend an extended warranty if one plans on keeping vehicles long term. Obviously it will be covered by bumper to bumper now, but this could be a $500-1000+ fix at the dealership out of warranty.

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dumb question, I know, but have you already visually inspected the front camera/lens to ascertain there is any physical damage/obstruction that could account for the issue?
Nothing visually wrong with it. Thanks

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Image processing module may be bad. We had one dead off the transport and have heard of other dealers seeing the same thing.
Thanks. Will bring that up to dealer.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks. I tried a reset. Will try the battery. Not sure I can get to the harness without taking a lot apart. Will call the dealer if battery doesn’t fix it. All the other cameras are fine and no warnings. Just black front screen.

8EEB50F0-01AA-4E9F-B981-CD977B1D62A5.jpeg
You take the lens-cap off?

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is only a few days old and when I went to use the front camera today it shows as a black screen. The rest of the cameras are working. I have the high package in the OBX. It had worked previously. Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution before I call my dealer when they open? Thanks
All of mine just did the same thing. So hopefully it’s just something loose or a reset.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of mine just did the same thing. So hopefully it’s just something loose or a reset.
That stinks. Definitely hope it is an easy fix. Have to call dealer Monday to see what service department says. Will keep posted here.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location. I'd like to look into this concern for you.

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: After my Bronco was with the dealer's service department for 1.5 days, the "pinpoint" diagnostic they had to run from Ford came back failed. Ordering a new camera and will have to bring the Bronco back when it arrives to be replaced and programed. Hoping it will be in Monday and this resolves the issue. Ford has reached out to me from this post and opened a case as well.
Thanks

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Update: After my Bronco was with the dealer's service department for 1.5 days, the "pinpoint" diagnostic they had to run from Ford came back failed. Ordering a new camera and will have to bring the Bronco back when it arrives to be replaced and programed. Hoping it will be in Monday and this resolves the issue. Ford has reached out to me from this post and opened a case as well.
Thanks
Any further update on the success of this solution?

I too have an intermittent front camera on an Outer Banks with the high package. Initially it only happened once a month or so, but now it’s finicky every single time I go to use the front camera.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My back up camera did it once or twice. Never figured out why
Sponsored