First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Driving around with my windows partially down they shake like their about to break when I go over a bump or pothole. Anyone else experiencing this or are my windows loose.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no personal experience, but there are several threads on the topic. I also believe that Ford has issued a TSB for this. Good luck.

OP
OP

Amcmachine70

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks will check into it.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Mine does this.

I took my Bronco in for service and handed them a printed copy of the TSB from Ford. Service advisor never gave it to the tech, so they called me later that day and said this is normal because the window is frameless I asked them if they performed the work on the TSB, and he said they had no idea there was a TSB. Facepalm. Leave it for another day, and they perform the procedure on the TSB, and now my window still rattles over bumps just as bad as before. Glad I left it the extra day so they could "take care of this" for me. LOL.

All in all, it is really my only complaint with the Bronco so far. Everything else has been spiffy.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Driving around with my windows partially down they shake like their about to break when I go over a bump or pothole. Anyone else experiencing this or are my windows loose.

Here ya go...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Amcmachine70

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow what a great community here. I love my bronco, this is the only thing that bothers me, I'm not one to complain. Thank you to the Ford motor company person responding, I am mechanical and work on muscle cars as a hobby so I will try adjusting it. Thanks to firefight911 great video and let you know how it goes.

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, great video! Wish I saw that before I brought it to the dealer. I brought mine in for rattling on both the driver and passenger side front doors (more so on the passenger side) and told them about the TSB which they found and confirmed. They said they fixed it however after picking it up I'm pretty sure they made it worse. They may have fixed the passenger side slightly but the driver side is definitely worse. I'm going to try what the video just showed me (which makes sense) next :)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup mine rattles pretty hard when down around 3-4". I thought it was just the nature of a frameless window until I saw another post about the service bulletin. But seeing some have had it made worse I don't think I will bother taking it in.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been living with the rattle for 6 months and early on before the TSB was released it was said on here that the inside door panel had to come off. I didn't want to try that and had been putting off taking it in for that. I saw this thread an hour ago, yet another thread about the windows, but had never seen that video. I watched it, went outside and about three minutes later was done adjusting both driver and passenger (they both had been rattling). Took it for a test drive and Bob's your uncle. Man I'm glad that's resolved. Something so small can be so gratifying.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup mine rattles pretty hard when down around 3-4". I thought it was just the nature of a frameless window until I saw another post about the service bulletin. But seeing some have had it made worse I don't think I will bother taking it in.
Watch that video, do it yourself, it literally takes a few minutes. Use an extended 10mm so you can push forward on it as you tighten it because their is resistance that pushes in the opposite direction on the clip so you need to add pressure at the same time as you tighten the nut. The long 10 mm will give you the ability to apply forward pressure on the ratchet with the fingers of one hand while tightening with the other hand. You'll see what I mean.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One more who gets rattles when it's down part way. I just either keep it all the way up, or all the way down, so no problem. However, when I first picked up my Bronco the window motor was dead, so it was down the amount it takes to open and close the door without interference. I had to stuff a rag in there to keep it from rattling until the dealer could fix it.

Now I'm dealing with squeaks off road, but I just need to put something on the rubber to make that go way. Same thing happens with the rear window and tailgate, which I've now fixed - at least until it gets dirty in that area again.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watch that video, do it yourself, it literally takes a few minutes. Use an extended 10mm so you can push forward on it as you tighten it because their is resistance that pushes in the opposite direction on the clip so you need to add pressure at the same time as you tighten the nut. The long 10 mm will give you the ability to apply forward pressure on the ratchet with the fingers of one hand while tightening with the other hand. You'll see what I mean.
Yup watched the video. I'm guessing it's best to push them all the way outwards?? Or is this an adjust/test/repeat thing?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah always the allusive 10mm socket!

Seriously though, great video!

Now if only they had a do-it-yourself fix for the headlights going on by themselves…

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. After seeing the video I went out and spent 3 minutes on this, and now I have no rattle. Test drive took longer than the fix. Not sure why my dealer could not handle this when they had it for 2 days and I printed out the TSB for them. LOL.

@Garemlin I am pretty sure the TSB says to adjust them all the way outboard. That is what I did and my rattle is gone. Make sure to adjust with the window all the way in the down position.
Sponsored