Sponsored

Front license plate bracket attachment location? How to buy steps that attach to the factory rock sliders?

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In Maryland not having a front license plate is a primary offense and you will be pulled over in a heartbeat.
How do they know you aren’t from out of state? Wait for you to drive by and then look at your rear plate?
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not like you’re going to get pulled over for not having a front license plate
My wife and I both have, in Wisconsin. Both times with my tinted Milan. I think in my case, he just wanted to give the drug dog some fresh air -- asked me a ton of invasive questions, then had my car sniffed.

My wife, no idea. She wasn't speeding.

Meanwhile, I've been all over the country in my tinted Flex, no front plates, no problem. Maybe they assume it's a rental

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do they know you aren’t from out of state? Wait for you to drive by and then look at your rear plate?
Yes. If they see an MD tag on the rear and no tag on the front you’re getting pulled over and fined for it.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not like you’re going to get pulled over for not having a front license plate
Don’t bet on it! Just another revenue stream for the state of Illinois. You might last three or four days before you get stopped.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. That's a "good stop" all day long in MA... see a car go by without a front plate, check the back and if it's a MA registration... stop is valid.

What comes from the stop is highly dependent on the demeanor and history of the individual behind the wheel.

Not saying you'll get stopped every time, or get a ticket every time... but it's an open invitation here.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep. That's a "good stop" all day long in MA... see a car go by without a front plate, check the back and if it's a MA registration... stop is valid.

What comes from the stop is highly dependent on the demeanor and history of the individual behind the wheel.

Not saying you'll get stopped every time, or get a ticket every time... but it's an open invitation here.
I grew up in North Carolina, so I understand an overbearing police state. Haha

I guess I kind of forgot about it living in Colorado now. The cops here seem so hands off and way less numerous in comparison.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JKGreen15

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing like blocking airflow to the intercooler 😏
Ford Bronco Front license plate bracket attachment location? How to buy steps that attach to the factory rock sliders? Untitled

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no vents here.
Doesn't look like any airflow would be blocked to me.

Ford Bronco Front license plate bracket attachment location? How to buy steps that attach to the factory rock sliders? 20181208_121323_resized
Ford Bronco Front license plate bracket attachment location? How to buy steps that attach to the factory rock sliders? 20180719_114022_resized

Here's how the plate mounts against the bash plate of a jeep.
This appears to be a legal option in Texas, can't speak for other states.
(photos from user: @cmb)

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front license plate bracket attachment location? How to buy steps that attach to the factory rock sliders? 20180719_114022_resized

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no vents here.
Doesn't look like any airflow would be blocked to me.

Here's how the plate mounts against the bash plate of a jeep.
This appears to be a legal option in Texas, can't speak for other states.
(photos from user: @cmb)
Sorry no picture posting skills, but the link looked like it would place the plate in the center vent between the winch & the purple circle in the top picture.

JKGreen15

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry no picture posting skills, but the link looked like it would place the plate in the center vent between the winch & the purple circle in the top picture.
TBH, I never considered the air intake problem when mounting center of the bumper 'til you brought it up. I was more so concerned about the ACC Radar in the center of the bumper. Figured mounting the plate there would render it obsolete, but obviously air intake is the bigger problem! 🤣
Sponsored