Sponsored

Front License Plate & Bracket Installed by Dealer. What To Do Now?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see by default, the plate is perpendicular to the ground. Any reason the plate cannot be bent back to be a little more flush with the bumper? Like what would happen if I were to drive forward into a rock. I'm just thinking how to keep from 'snagging' the plate on things...
If you drive over a rock the fastener strength will determine what happens.
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealer got us too. Very frustrating. Who looks at that and thinks putting a license plate holder in that location looks good? :rolleyes: I checked out the link to bumper plugs .com but looks like Area 51 is a special order too right now. I understand from prior posts it comes with 4 plugs, so if someone else is looking to get two Area 51 plugs, let me know as I'm willing split cost. Otherwise, might just go with some black pan head screws or simple black plastic inserts given location and black bumper and grill.

johnnybronco2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer got us too. Very frustrating. Who looks at that and thinks putting a license plate holder in that location looks good? :rolleyes: I checked out the link to bumper plugs .com but looks like Area 51 is a special order too right now. I understand from prior posts it comes with 4 plugs, so if someone else is looking to get two Area 51 plugs, let me know as I'm willing split cost. Otherwise, might just go with some black pan head screws or simple black plastic inserts given location and black bumper and grill.
I’ll split them with you. I also need two Area 51 plugs.

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just go with it, it may not look the best in the opinion of some but it's out of the way.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ll split them with you. I also need two Area 51 plugs.
Thanks. I ended up going in a slightly different direction. Got the idea (from another 6G member) of painting the two front Gear America UBER shackles in Area 51 to give them some color that worked well. Ordered some Area 51 spray paint and clear coat from Touch Up Direct to spray the two shackles I added. Going to paint some black plastic plugs at the same time. Will let you know if that works out. Otherwise, I'll be back to ordering from bumper plugs . com

PapiTHANOS

Base
First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer installed a front license plate bracket and drilled holes into the front facia of my beloved Bronco. Would you all...

1) Leave the license plate and bracket up front?
2) Patch the holes?
3) Leave the holes and get over it?

What would you do? BTW...I recognize this is a silly and insignificant topic...so go easy on me. Ha!

E2C7C2FE-D003-451A-A9FF-BB61AC413F74.jpeg

BACC5D3B-2CB3-4BE9-9601-D6CE3135F4A1.jpeg
Woah!! I always thought it was screwed on to the bumper not the body!! I haven't found a bracket that I like, but thankfully my dealer didn't do this!! I'd be so sad lol
Sponsored