Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted up at bronco nation is this closeup of front license plate location which is just where we saw on that preproduction Bronco in someone's driveway.

2021 Bronco front license plate mount location.jpg

Confirms this location .

co-front-license-plate-placement-attachment-1-jpeg.jpg

-front-license-plate-placement-attachment-2-2-jpeg.jpg
Ford has said specifically that that is ONLY the location when you order the winch:

“And to ensure a maximized approach angle without obstructing forward lighting, the front license plate is center-mounted on either the front bumper, or with the optional winch bracket, mounted just above the modular front bumper," Ford's Jiyan Cadiz told Motor1.com

People won’t give it up though...it’s like they want it to be on the grill so they have something to gripe about.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's clipped on, I hope it is, but think that's unlikely. If it's screwed on I NEED to make sure I tell the dealer to not install it. 1 it looks horrible and 2 I don't want the damn holes in the bumper or grill.

Clip on... screw on... Anyone that has to put that thing on is taking it with a strap on that's for sure...

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has said specifically that that is ONLY the location when you order the winch:

“And to ensure a maximized approach angle without obstructing forward lighting, the front license plate is center-mounted on either the front bumper, or with the optional winch bracket, mounted just above the modular front bumper," Ford's Jiyan Cadiz told Motor1.com

People won’t give it up though...it’s like they want it to be on the grill so they have something to gripe about.
You think if it’s center mounted on the bumper it will clear the ACC radar?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That’s unacceptable. Good thing about getting a 22 is that we’ll see 21 Broncos and will be able to back out before getting a surprise that we can’t live with.
Lmao, really? Unacceptable? You'd back out because you don't like where the front plate goes?

There's no where else to put it especially with the mod bumper. It can't go lower, it would block the radar sensor, and it can't go on either side of the bumper because the bumper ends come off.

If it's so easy then go ahead and mount it in a better place yourself.

Or just don't run one. I know i won't.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

:mad: how can they mess so many things up -

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think if it’s center mounted on the bumper it will clear the ACC radar?
Most (maybe all) of their vehicles have ACC on the drivers side : “The sensor is located behind a fascia cover near the driver side of the lower grille. A vehicle ahead cannot be detected and the system will not function when the radar signals are obstructed.”

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Front plates never look good, no matter where you put them. Ford could put that thing in any one of a hundred places and it wouldn't matter, someone here would complain about it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao, really? Unacceptable? You'd back out because you don't like where the front plate goes?

There's no where else to put it especially with the mod bumper. It can't go lower, it would block the radar sensor, and it can't go on either side of the bumper because the bumper ends come off.

If it's so easy then go ahead and mount it in a better place yourself.

Or just don't run one. I know i won't.
I don’t know to who’s point this goes, probably yours and I’m definitely on your side of this... but the top of the mod bumper always remains, just the bottom corners are removable.

You could still mount it there without issue, it would just get in the way of approach angles (if youre into that type of thing).

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:mad: how can they mess so many things up -
Well, not enough to drive down demand very much...of course, this one isn’t even true (unless you order the winch) according to Ford who directly responded to this. But don’t let that get in the way of some good old fashioned bitching over nothing.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t know to who’s point this goes, probably yours and I’m definitely on your side of this... but the top of the mod bumper always remains, just the bottom corners are removable.

You could still mount it there without issue, it would just get in the way of approach angles (if youre into that type of thing).
Yup I thought about that. While yes you could, it would defeat the purpose of removing the ends in the first place. You'd rip the plate right off.

Of course, that's not going to be an issue for 99% of owners.
Sponsored