Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That bracket is getting ripped off ASAP no front plate for me
Make sure dealer doesn't install so you won't get unnecessary holes.

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone here removed their front license plate bracket? What tool was needed to remove the bolts mounting the bracket to the bumper?

B_Dmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's so bad I'm almost tempted to move to a place where front license plates aren't required.

ORMtnGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whelp... looks like Texas DPS is going to get very familiar with me because that trash isn't going on my vehicle.
How have things gone without a front license plate?

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How have things gone without a front license plate?
Just fine. Almost a year and no stops so far. This is my 3rd vehicle that I've refused to put a front plate on and I've only ever been stopped once... in my bosses truck... like 15 years ago. At this point I'm convinced that TX officers/troopers don't care enough to take time out of their day to pull someone over for it. Either that or the FD stickers help more than I realize.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone who hasn't checked them out, you can get the built right plate bracket and mount it to either side of the modular bumper so that it is up or down and completely out of the way with no worries about ground clearance or covering the grille.

ORMtnGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just fine. Almost a year and no stops so far. This is my 3rd vehicle that I've refused to put a front plate on and I've only ever been stopped once... in my bosses truck... like 15 years ago. At this point I'm convinced that TX officers/troopers don't care enough to take time out of their day to pull someone over for it. Either that or the FD stickers help more than I realize.
I've heard of one person who didn't have a feont license plate get cited while parking in Portland.

I'm going without. Love the nose of my Bronco without a plate.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, Texas has typically treated it as "a reason," if they are looking for a reason to stop you, but won't just pull you over to cite your for just not having a front plate. I was stopped twice in my Lightning for no front plate, mainly because of how it looked on the outside to anyone not familiar with them. Once the LEOs realized I wasn't a thug and was just some average guy, they both said "get it fixed" and let me go with just a verbal.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Texas has typically treated it as "a reason," if they are looking for a reason to stop you, but won't just pull you over to cite your for just not having a front plate. I was stopped twice in my Lightning for no front plate, mainly because of how it looked on the outside to anyone not familiar with them. Once the LEOs realized I wasn't a thug and was just some average guy, they both said "get it fixed" and let me go with just a verbal.
Miss my Lightning. They never got me for the plate, but I got stopped twice for my tint and once because a local pd was curious why there were flames coming from my exhaust. Glad that one wasn't a trooper because he was actually just a car guy and interested in checking it out

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Miss my Lightning. They never got me for the plate, but I got stopped twice for my tint and once because a local pd was curious why there were flames coming from my exhaust. Glad that one wasn't a trooper because he was actually just a car guy and interested in checking it out
:LOL: :LOL::LOL:

I had a DPS Trooper watch me back out of my driveway from two blocks away, then proceed to pull me over and ask me where I'm coming from. I said "you watched me pull out of my driveway." "Where are you going?" "I'm going to the cemetery to clean up around my grandfather's grave" (while motioning to the mower in the back). "Oh, okay." After a little more back and forth, he finally clued me in as to why he really stopped me. "I've never seen one of these in person - is it fast?" :rolleyes:

ORMtnGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone who hasn't checked them out, you can get the built right plate bracket and mount it to either side of the modular bumper so that it is up or down and completely out of the way with no worries about ground clearance or covering the grille.
Do you have a photo for what you are talking about? I'm interested.

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the one from valkyrie off road. Doesn't hang down too far, and works great. Unfortunately I may have to think of something else in the future - I'm going with a hidden winch where the skid plate is, and i'm concerned the cable will interfere with where the plate is.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a photo for what you are talking about? I'm interested.
Here's the page. In the picture you can see the two little mounting screws at the center top row of the MLok style mounting holes. I mounted mine using the bottom middle hole so that the plate and bracket sit up and out of the way of the recovery hook. You can mount it on the left side of the bumper as well if you prefer.

Bronco License Plate Mount | Ford Bronco (2021+) for Modular Steel Bum - BuiltRight Industries

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

got my plate relocation from 4x4truck leds and its perfect and sturdy. Dealer was very inpressed with quality

IMG_1012.jpg
Sponsored