Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

+1 for the shackle mount, that's my plan too.
Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plate on front looks awful on any vehicle! Just leave it off.

My cars have had no plates for years. Nothing at all on the front, and dealer plates on the back.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

doolin64

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 w/ deposit on 2022 Ford Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somebody will come up with a solution. A plate that mounts off to the side and sticks out like a slammed Subaru WRX is not my style. I prefer something a little more integrated and stock looking. Unfortunately in Mass, we need to have a front plate.

Reactions: Cat

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is perfect, hopefully it avoids all the cameras and sensors etc
My concern is the sensor. It's gonna be close on whether it interferes. Looks like an offset shackle mount might work.

I feel fortunate to live in a "no front plate state."

Screenshot_20210709-111054_Chrome Beta.jpg

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
for basic broncos without radar, just drill into bumper

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? 2021 Bronco front license plate mounted

production version drills into painted panel. (so Ford doesn't have to make multiple versions of the license plate bracket $$$)
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.23.56 AM

Last edited:

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
“Front license plates are a tough detail to accommodate in any vehicle design, especially one as rigidly retro as the regal 2021 Ford Bronco. In retrospect, it should have been obvious why Ford didn't show off prototypes with plates installed, because if it had, we would've realized its awful location.

This has only become apparent now that Broncos are, after multiple delays, hitting dealerships, and doing so with their plates mounted to their grilles. It's not a flattering look, perhaps a little bucktoothed, though not nearly to the extremity of the new BMW 3 and 4 Series. This location does, however, obscure the work of Ford's designers, who penned a trio of grille designs only for them to be partially blocked by the plate.”

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll go with one of the shackle mounts myself. Don't really care if there's a plate up front or not, but I don't want holes drilled into my front in case I find a mount I like better. I'll make it clear to my dealer to NOT mount the plate and if they have to by some law, I'll supply the shackle mount. And eventually maybe come up with something I like better myself, if after market doesn't catch up. Strong magnets glued to the plate might work, just add some string hidden behind, just in case you hit a pothole and the plate comes free, keep it tied to the bumper anyways, even if flopping around.
We need them here for the toll bridges and lanes, so gotta have them if I want to use those. Never bothered me either, just don't like those drilled holes, goes against my OCD regarding hole drilling where not necessary.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the unfortunate souls like me that are required by law to mount the front license plate: Has anyone seen any interesting options or alternatives to the stock mount?
Tuffy has flip-up mounts for roller or hawse.
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? 1625866480519

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a few you can find that mount to a front shackle. I am planning on going this route if it will work.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/kentrol...MI1p2j54vW8QIVV8vICh2pTwK_EAQYASABEgIkb_D_BwE

Good idea. I took a MA plate and centered it over the shackle to check for interference. It didnt look like the dimensions will interfere with the front sensors on the mod bumper, but it is going to be close. I ordered one of these to try out. I Will report back when it arrives later this week.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? E74FA67C-EE72-41CE-AB00-568CB6650CE3

I was just at Western Slope Ford looking at the Bronco’s and talked to Daniel Godwin, a sales rep that works there. He told me the front license plate bracket has to be installed by the dealer before sale, and that the holes through the body come pre drilled?! Surely hope he’s wrong
Sponsored