BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size bit did you use to remove the screws from the steel bumper?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mike_M

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found a flip up on Amazon to attach to Bronco Bolts above the tow shackle.

20210920_113725.jpg

20210920_113734.jpg

20210920_113808.jpg
Link the product? did you have to drill the bumper?

Sponsored

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Link the product? did you have to drill the bumper?
@Mike_M I did not have to drill the bumper. But i did have to drill the mount as the holes were not spaced how I needed them. So far its been good. I think it will serve its purpose well until I get a winch. Then I am not sure what I will do. I put a link to what I ordered. Its the only one I could find that had a solid bar across the back to drill a new hole in. Most of the other flip ups had a pretty small connecting bar across the back that I wasnt sure would hold up after drilling the new mounting hole.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078CQ4P94?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

send a link to the border? i just ordered my bracket. She's coming in december and I feel like i'm getting a nursery ready for my child, ha
No link. I just went to my local PepBoys and picked one up. Any plastic bracket would work. Here is one on Amazon that I found with a quick search that may work.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Dra...Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=#
I just ordered a 2-pack of these. I prefer this design to others as it does not have an opening on the side. Also happens to be a current Amazon Lightening Deal at 15% off.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZFM2FQ/

Mike_M

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mike_M I did not have to drill the bumper. But i did have to drill the mount as the holes were not spaced how I needed them. So far its been good. I think it will serve its purpose well until I get a winch. Then I am not sure what I will do. I put a link to what I ordered. Its the only one I could find that had a solid bar across the back to drill a new hole in. Most of the other flip ups had a pretty small connecting bar across the back that I wasnt sure would hold up after drilling the new mounting hole.

Yea the winch would be good the only issue is that I have forward camera that will get in the way, Would you happen to know the spacing that you had to drill? Also mine is the BL Lux package so maybe the sensors will get in the way :/

Last edited:

Mike_M

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the bracket and mounted it, for those looking for measure its about 4 and 3/4 inches between centers, I drilled it wide so that there was some play in mounting the bracket but seems like it worked, probably going to move it to left side of car though.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 2.14.05 PM.png

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco is scheduled to be built at the end of the month. I recently started doing research on license plate mounting options and came across this thread. For those without the ACC option, is it possible to mount two L brackets underneath the inner opening center bumper as shown in the picture (don’t mind my paint skills)
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? C9319B6B-8173-422A-BE8B-914C8B0DCC43

Sponsored

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mehh A quarter of the cars on the road don't have front license plates. Had a dodge ram for 5 years and never had a front license plate. Cops have better things to worry about...I live in CA

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll go with one of the shackle mounts myself. Don't really care if there's a plate up front or not, but I don't want holes drilled into my front in case I find a mount I like better. I'll make it clear to my dealer to NOT mount the plate and if they have to by some law, I'll supply the shackle mount. And eventually maybe come up with something I like better myself, if after market doesn't catch up. Strong magnets glued to the plate might work, just add some string hidden behind, just in case you hit a pothole and the plate comes free, keep it tied to the bumper anyways, even if flopping around.
We need them here for the toll bridges and lanes, so gotta have them if I want to use those. Never bothered me either, just don't like those drilled holes, goes against my OCD regarding hole drilling where not necessary.
I am with you. Great idea about magnets...Home Depot carries some doggone strong ones.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My design bends back over sharply to keep the height up. Some states have height from the ground requirements so this design elevates the tag higher.
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? C9319B6B-8173-422A-BE8B-914C8B0DCC43
Oh...This is nice!!
Sponsored