Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Boston182 I have a picture in this thread with mine mounted like that. Works slicks.
Found a flip up on Amazon to attach to Bronco Bolts above the tow shackle.

20210920_113725.jpg

20210920_113734.jpg

20210920_113808.jpg
Found it! Looking good!

First... link?

Second, do you think the hinge would swivel inward/down or just outward/up? And do you think it'd sit/fit where this guy has it without drilling additional holes? Because I'm about to just copy him and say fuck it.

If you go a Mod bumper and 3/8" drill bit, you've got a free mount. I mounted mine like this. Also, just gave it a slight bend for more "visibility"? First time I've run a front plate in more then a decade so my thought is better then nothing haha
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? 1636034829362

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? 1636034829362

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of you without ACC, here's an alternative under 5 bucks. I mounted 2 stainless steel L brackets on the inside opening (top of inside opening, L's facing up). I used 2 small self tapping screws (1 per bracket) with the holes underneath so they're not visible. There is a thick wrapped cord (possibly wiring) in that area but they popped right out. You can tuck them back in after. Also, I had to bend the L brackets a little (prior to install) so that the plate lay flush. Obviously there is some measuring involved too to know where to place the brackets. For me it was 3.5" each way from center.
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? IMG_8794.jpg 2
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? IMG_8796
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? IMG_8793.jpg 2

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of you without ACC, here's an alternative under 5 bucks. I mounted 2 stainless steel L brackets on the inside opening (top of inside opening, L's facing up). I used 2 small self tapping screws (1 per bracket) with the holes underneath so they're not visible. There is a thick wrapped cord (possibly wiring) in that area but they popped right out. You can tuck them back in after. Also, I had to bend the L brackets a little (prior to install) so that the plate lay flush. Obviously there is some measuring involved too to know where to place the brackets. For me it was 3.5" each way from center.
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount options? IMG_3017
That mounting location is blocking the sensor for emergency braking which is on all Broncos.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That mounting location is blocking the sensor for emergency braking which is on all Broncos.
I was told that the ACC would be the only concern with mounting there if equipped. Regardless, I have had the emergency braking turned off since day of purchase.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told that the ACC would be the only concern with mounting there if equipped. Regardless, I have had the emergency braking turned off since day of purchase.
I believe emergency braking uses the ACC sensor in conjunction with the windshield camera if equipped with ACC. If not, emergency braking soley uses the windshield camera.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe emergency braking uses the ACC sensor in conjunction with the windshield camera if equipped with ACC. If not, emergency braking soley uses the windshield camera.
Why would the box in the bumper be on all trim levels? My BD with the basic package has the box.

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those of you without ACC, here's an alternative under 5 bucks. I mounted 2 stainless steel L brackets on the inside opening (top of inside opening, L's facing up). I used 2 small self tapping screws (1 per bracket) with the holes underneath so they're not visible. There is a thick wrapped cord (possibly wiring) in that area but they popped right out. You can tuck them back in after. Also, I had to bend the L brackets a little (prior to install) so that the plate lay flush. Obviously there is some measuring involved too to know where to place the brackets. For me it was 3.5" each way from center
IMG_8794.jpg 2.jpg
IMG_8793.jpg 2.jpg
You just covered your tranny cooler (or power steering cooler) - Im not sure what cooler that is but it will shorten your engine part's life.

I still like my Vortex mount

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the unfortunate souls like me that are required by law to mount the front license plate: Has anyone seen any interesting options or alternatives to the stock mount?
I got the front license bracket from Builtright Industries and am tickled pink with it. It’s built like a brick shithouse and offers a plethora of mounting options to suit any preference. Best of all, it installs in 5 min or less.
Sponsored