Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it was a PhotoShopped joke.
Definitely not photoshopped. There’s even close up pics of the dimples in the plastic trim to show where to drill the holes.

Someone mentioned that this is just the alternative mounting position, and the “real” position is on the bumper... but we haven’t seen that yet.
Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another idea to consider.

Sent off an email and heard back.

Hello,
We have 2021 Bronco on order so that we can start prototyping parts as soon as it arrives at our facility. We plan to offer a full product line for it.
Thanks and keep an eye out!
Jamey Paine
330-423-6446

www.fishboneoffroad.com

This one popped up after I watched the fishbone video you posted, both look like good options.

@The Bronze , is this what you were thinking of?

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oof glad I live in a state that doesn't need a front plate. I'm going to email my dealer and have them try to be sure mine doesn't come delivered with the holes drilled in.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So explain why, exactly, you have a bumper with a winch fairlead and no winch . . . You should’ve seen the crappy place Ford wanted to put the front plate. You also should’ve seen the solution on 6g.
Exactly? I don’t have bumper to install the winch (already purchase) because I don’t have the Bronco yet. I saw the factory location, I explained above that since I didn’t like it, I asked (and was told no problem) to have it placed in the vehicle uninstalled. I won’t be using the factory bumper or the factory winch mounting system. When I do HAVE the Bronco, I will be building and installing my own. The solution I use to retain the license plate on my vehicles that currently DO have a winch and fairlead is included in the pictures. The Samurai unit doesn’t have a backing plate, which tends to twist the plate, which is why I recommended a backing plate. The last picture is how I make sure My plate is back in its original location after winching. Can’t miss it flapping around in the breeze up on the stinger! :)
Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location CB1376A1-160C-4E02-A351-0F308C97F9A6
Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location CD006940-6DF7-4C3F-90E0-F3EFFBBDBA30
Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location 03C3D067-1861-40FF-8DCC-469B6FC75637

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another idea to consider.

Sent off an email and heard back.

Hello,
We have 2021 Bronco on order so that we can start prototyping parts as soon as it arrives at our facility. We plan to offer a full product line for it.
Thanks and keep an eye out!
Jamey Paine
330-423-6446

www.fishboneoffroad.com
Really liking this idea. Wondering if it could be modified to allow it to be quickly removed on the trail. Would be awesome if you could use a locking hitch pin of some sort (and actually have it tight enough to hold the plate up).

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking at a retractable one for the Bronco - one that can possible be powered/controlled by one of the aux switches.
There's this one: https://www.pfyc.com/GN1046.html

And there's a video for a DIY one.

Just not sure of it being impervious to water, but it could be fun to make and try it.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Really liking this idea. Wondering if it could be modified to allow it to be quickly removed on the trail. Would be awesome if you could use a locking hitch pin of some sort (and actually have it tight enough to hold the plate up).
That’s pretty slick for rigs that aren’t going to be wheeling. I almost too lazy to pull a shackle pin, forget about getting wrenches out to pull a adapter to use my shackles. It really isn’t about the one being used up, but needing either location on the bumper when doing/getting extracted.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty slick for rigs that aren’t going to be wheeling. I almost too lazy to pull a shackle pin, forget about getting wrenches out to pull a adapter to use my shackles. It really isn’t about the one being used up, but needing either location on the bumper when doing/getting extracted.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm liking the placement, but with my luck that'll be the recovery point I end up needing to use. And I don't want anyone waiting on me while I brake out a socket and wrench to pull the plate off. Not to mention I'd prefer not to beat up the plate on the trail if it can be avoided.

Did find a locking shackle pin with a Google search which would eliminate the need for tools (assuming it could even fit with this adapter). As for keeping it secure so the plate doesn't droop, I'm wondering if just bolting some sort of L bracket into the unused holes on the plate mount so it could make contact beneath the shackle and hold the plate level would work.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly? I don’t have bumper to install the winch (already purchase) because I don’t have the Bronco yet. I saw the factory location, I explained above that since I didn’t like it, I asked (and was told no problem) to have it placed in the vehicle uninstalled. I won’t be using the factory bumper or the factory winch mounting system. When I do HAVE the Bronco, I will be building and installing my own. The solution I use to retain the license plate on my vehicles that currently DO have a winch and fairlead is included in the pictures. The Samurai unit doesn’t have a backing plate, which tends to twist the plate, which is why I recommended a backing plate. The last picture is how I make sure My plate is back in its original location after winching. Can’t miss it flapping around in the breeze up on the stinger! :)
My attempt at humor fell flat. I was basically stating this mounting option was so badass that I could see people forgoing the winch, buying a fairlead for no other reason than to have a place for the front plate that didn't suck.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here (Oregon) a front plate is required. The factory sometimes sends the special mounting bracket with the vehicle for Dealer install or they install it at the factory. When I order, I am going to ask a notation "Send but do NOT install front license plate bracket".
That was my plan as well. Here in BC front plates are required but I see many cars without one, and I highly doubt any cop will pull someone over specifically for that. Maybe if they pull you over for something else and see you have no front plate.
Funny too, I remember reading somewhere the fine here for improperly displaying (ie on your dashboard) is higher than the fine for not displaying a front plate at all

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My attempt at humor fell flat. I was basically stating this mounting option was so badass that I could see people forgoing the winch, buying a fairlead for no other reason than to have a place for the front plate that didn't suck.
Man, I misread that! :)

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my plan as well. Here in BC front plates are required but I see many cars without one, and I highly doubt any cop will pull someone over specifically for that. Maybe if they pull you over for something else and see you have no front plate.
Funny too, I remember reading somewhere the fine here for improperly displaying (ie on your dashboard) is higher than the fine for not displaying a front plate at all
Actually here in the States, if a front plate is required it is "probable cause" to stop the vehicle...then they go on a fishing expedition. They may not cite you for the plate violation, it's what else you get nailed for. I use to be a street Cop. Some have infractions that are their pet peeve. I knew several where the missing front required plate was their's. But....back to the Bronco; I want to decide where it is mounted and how. The Winch complicates it. I just don't want a dealer drilling holes in my bumper or mounting it just anywhere. UPDATE: My order is in and an addendum to it says to NOT mount the front plate mount.

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not needed in NC!
Sponsored