Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking about fabbing up some type of swinging hinge and bracket for the mod bumper.

I will attach it to the middle three lower bumper bolts and have the plate swing back when driving. I will need to remove it when off-road or else the plate will get destroyed.

I plan to add just enough weight to the plate to have it show when stopped or at slow speed, but also angle back when driving faster.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, a front plate is required for the bridge toll cameras or when a LEO looks and needs to see it.

You can think of the original rear license plate holder on the 1st get broncos, but on the front, with weights to help it be visible at slower speeds.
giphy.gif
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually here in the States, if a front plate is required it is "probable cause" to stop the vehicle...then they go on a fishing expedition. They may not cite you for the plate violation, it's what else you get nailed for. I use to be a street Cop. Some have infractions that are their pet peeve. I knew several where the missing front required plate was their's. But....back to the Bronco; I want to decide where it is mounted and how. The Winch complicates it. I just don't want a dealer drilling holes in my bumper or mounting it just anywhere. UPDATE: My order is in and an addendum to it says to NOT mount the front plate mount.
Here in New Yorkistan, I got a ticket for my Explorer being parked in front of my own house for no front plate.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Received confirmation today from an existing Bronco owner. This shackle mounted license plate bracket will work. Minor modification may be necessary to facilitate unobstructed vision for one of the front sensors. Not a problem. My order is placed. A wise person once told me if I purchase a lot of Bronco gear than my Bronco will come. ;)
Eventually, I may find a winch/winch mount which will work with the stock Badlands bumper without obstructing the trail camera and then I will move the license plate to the winch fairlead. But for now, I am AOK!

Shackle Mounted License Plate Bracket (fishboneoffroad.com)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is wear mine is going, just like on my Jeep

Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location 20180719_114022_resized
Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location 20180719_114022_resized
Do you have a link to the manufacturer of this plate? Looks sharp!

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The most basic of hand tools and creativity should solve this, worst case if you’re not able to cut/bend/drill aluminum or steel then ask a welder/fabricator!

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received confirmation today from an existing Bronco owner. This shackle mounted license plate bracket will work. Minor modification may be necessary to facilitate unobstructed vision for one of the front sensors. Not a problem. My order is placed. A wise person once told me if I purchase a lot of Bronco gear than my Bronco will come. ;)
Eventually, I may find a winch/winch mount which will work with the stock Badlands bumper without obstructing the trail camera and then I will move the license plate to the winch fairlead. But for now, I am AOK!

Can you get the existing bronco owner to post pics I’d like to see how it looks on a bronco before I order it is anyone making anything for the bronco yet like this

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can you get the existing bronco owner to post pics I’d like to see how it looks on a bronco before I order it is anyone making anything for the bronco yet like this
The existing Bronco owner did not obstruct his/her license plate number and therefore I would not seek posting of the image. Over time, other owners may post their examples.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here in New Yorkistan, I got a ticket for my Explorer being parked in front of my own house for no front plate.
Ahh that's where they got you; on a public street. If you were in your driveway they couldn't

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I have one of these ordered, assuming it would work. I however didn't stop to think about the sensors! 🤦🏼‍♂️ It looks like it will still work as there are multiple mounting points on the plate to get it out of the way. Also, I can't quite figure out which package gets the front sensors. I have a BD on order with the mid, and assume it has the front sensors with the co-pilot 360, but I've seen examples of BD with mid without them, soooo 🤷🏼‍♂️ Any one know when the front sensors are added to the modular front bumper?
Sponsored