First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never by a local PD officer. I have received 2 from a TX State Trooper. Granted, it was the same trooper that gave me the 2 tickets after he had already given me a warning. I had a memorable vehicle so he remembered me. Nice guy though. I imagine I'll have more interactions with him after I get the Bronco lol
Texas HP don't play!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm rolling the dice as well... No front plate.
Question being, if I throw it up on the dash, it's pretty obvious to a cop that it's not properly affixed. If there is nothing on the front at all, maybe you won't notice unless he's specifically looking for no front plate?

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Texas HP don't play!
No they do not, best to just say "thank you, sir" and move on lol. It's an easy ticket though, I would just zip tie a tag to the grill, go to the DPS office and show them that I have a tag, pay like a $10 fee and then go cut it back off

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, the toll roads in Colorado will get you. They depend on taking a pic of your plates to bill you, so if you don’t have one, they’ll send a ticket.
So what happens if you are an out of stater that does not have a front plate? They just send a ticket? That's not very friendly.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In CA about 1/3 of all cars are Teslas and 99% of them do not have front plates. I don't know how often they get pulled over.

I don't want to give any excuse so I am going to run one. I won't even tint my windows for this exact reason.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box.
I cannot imagine a scenario where I would listen to any forum participant about whether or not I should skirt a legal issue! As Dirty Harry asks: Do you feel lucky?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what happens if you are an out of stater that does not have a front plate? They just send a ticket? That's not very friendly.
I don't think you would get a ticket if you are on vacation or just passing through. Now if you move here and haven't taken care of it in the right amount of time, you're pressing your luck!

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of Staters obviously do not need a front Colorado plate, but they do send you the toll bill. Friendly has nothing to do with it- it's business.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box.
It happens. As a former LEO I can tell you that in States requiring front plates....it is PC-probably cause to stop your vehicle. Why deal with that, the potential problems it can cause, many LEO's then use it to fish for something more. Some will be cool and write you a warning (but that is then in the computer, the next time you get stopped...a likely ticket). Some traffic officers have their "go to" or "pet peeve" citations. I knew some that this was their violation to look for and would write hundreds of citations for them. Me...I will comply and have ordered my own front plate location bracket. The OEM location sucks.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How they going to send a ticket but can't send a bill?
giphy (22).gif
I have gotten a ticket in CO too. In Boulder, was stopped for a missing front license, ticketed, had to pay a fine and prove that it had been corrected.

Rather than call BS on the ExpressToll person, you could ask questions, like "how do they ticket you if you're missing the front license plate?". The answer is they have cameras that photograph the front and back of the car in numerous locations along toll roads. ExpressToll has an agreement with the DMV to look up any license plates and get the registered owner and address. This is used for both ticketing and billing. The reason they want the front license plate visible is that during the winter time, the back license plate is oftentimes obscured with snow and mud. For ticketing, they notify the police in the jurisdiction in which you reside that you're missing the front license plate and provide photograph(s). Most, but not all, jurisdictions will send a ticket to the address. Good times.

However, I got my ticket on a regular Street.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't have front plates here in Alberta. I have been harassed in B.C. and Washington for not having one but never got a ticket.