First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol! They have front and rear facing cameras. So they get a picture of the rear plate regardless. Then they mail you a fine for not having a front plate along with the pictures they took.
Never heard of this. Iā€™ve hit NW parkway several times and no ticket yet. Thatā€™s bs, piss on it, Iā€™ll pullā€™em both! Plenty of idiots with temp tags from 2020 still and they gotta bust my balls over a front plate?!?! šŸ˜‚
I have been pulled over by a trooper a few years ago and received a ticket.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been driving around for almost 2 months now with no front plate past multiple city police officers and nobody said anything. I even parked at the police station for half a day to fix a registration issue and nobody said anything. But on my way home from Thanksgiving I had to pass through the border patrol checkpoint near El Paso, and a DPS trooper chased me down and gave me a written warning. My plan if I got stopped was to say I didn't want to drill holes in the vehicle for the factory location, so I had an aftermarket mount on order that hadn't arrived yet. He just nodded politely and gave the written warning anyway. Once I got home I went ahead and ordered the bracket. I probably would have been fine to drive around with no plate forever, as long as I didn't have to go through anymore checkpoints.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of this. Iā€™ve hit NW parkway several times and no ticket yet. Thatā€™s bs, piss on it, Iā€™ll pullā€™em both! Plenty of idiots with temp tags from 2020 still and they gotta bust my balls over a front plate?!?! šŸ˜‚
I have been pulled over by a trooper a few years ago and received a ticket.
Yeah, Iā€™m not happy about the big brother thing, but I did get a ticket from E-470 a few years back after my license plate had fallen off (guess the curb won :LOL:). Iā€™ve also gotten speeding tickets from their drive through toll plazas measuring time between tolls.

Last edited:

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone actually received a ticket for not having the front plate? I am sure there are exceptions but I have never heard of anyone receiving a ticket solely for not having a front plate. I did get a warning once while pulled over for speeding. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to figure out a relocate on the new capable bumper or store it in the glove box. I think the plate jerry rigged on the front looks awful and I don't want to drill the new capable bumper.
I don't know the answer to your question. But, my BB will have the standard bumper, so I bought a License Plate Relocation kit from Builtright Industries. I liked their solution (no drilling) and there are others offered, too. Good luck with your decision!

Sponsored

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in California, I have received a fix-it ticket for the front license plate missing. I believe the cop was looking for someone that drove a similar truck.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Write the ticketā€¦..I donā€™t care bring it onā€¦..No Front License Plateā€¦..actually I have one tucked up underā€¦..lol

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
In Virginia it is no longer a primary offense, meaning you have to get pulled over for something else. I look at it like if I get pulled over for speeding, maybe the officer will give me a warning for the speeding and write me up for the plate as a "lesson". But who knows. Or maybe I'll just keep it in the glove box and tell him I'll put it on when I get home.....TBD...
[/QUOT

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have gotten three tickets for not having a front plate in the past 15 years. not sure if its just me or MA just like giving tickets

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a retired LEO with over 30 years under my belt, no front license plate citations are generally a "follow the money" issue. If you pass thru a city which utilizes red light cameras or tollways, there is an increased emphasis on ensuring vehicles display two license plates (because of the increased money involved in those tickets). I've seen many images captured by red light cameras, and the view of both sides of the vehicle often makes the difference between a citation being issued or not. People are putting clear/opaque covers over their plates (illegal here is CA) or scratching the reflective surfaces around the digits on their plate off (also illegal) - so, getting both views is often critical.

Insofar as parking citations go, the municipality gets a piece of the action for every violation on the cite (which is often small, but it adds up with aggressive enforcement). They are paid to write everything they can find.

As far as driving by officers without a second plate displayed on your vehicle is concerned - you need to realize an agency will field two distinct types of officers in a deployment - those who deal strictly with criminal matters, and those dedicated to traffic matters. The crime cars could care less about no front license plate, unless they are looking for PC to get into your car. They generally will not stop you just to write a citation. Traffic cars are out to document traffic collisions, and write citations for hazardous driving practices which could lead to a collision. In my experience, no front license plate was always an attitude add-on. That is, unless you are stopped by a LEO on two-wheels... then, the only limitation to the volume of violations are how many lines are on the citation.

Every manufacturer who sells cars in CA is required to sell a bracket to display a front license plate (even Tesla). Whether the dealer puts it on the vehicle or not, it generally will be delivered at the time of sale.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Police in our county will give you a ticket if you have a clear cover over your license plate. They'll certainly give you one if you are missing a front plate.
That said, that's experience previous to George Floyd. There has been a push for less enforcement of such traffic laws in Minnesota, and I know there are new guidelines in Minneapolis, but I'm in the suburbs so check with local law enforcement.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a situation requiring drilling, use velcro instead.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Little over six years with the 2 series (that I explicitly told the dealer not to drill the front bumper when I ordered it), no front plate tickets/warnings, and not for lack of being pulled over for other things.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Standard bumper.
Temporary fix(Velcro) as I'm awaiting for the long awaited bracket from Builtright.
I used the heavy duty 15# strips. The plate is a lot larger than the bumper area. I also bolted it to the frame to make it seem as if it's bolted on.
Yes, you can see my Texas license number as well as everyone that drives by. The secret is out!

Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? IMG_4462

Ford Bronco Front license plate ticket? IMG_4463
Sponsored

Last edited: