Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed Foutz Motorsport today, no reply yet. They do them for raptors……

anyone seen tab plates yet?

they are low hanging fruit, skid plate doesn’t do shit. Obviously it also means I’ll need heim joint upper control arms, but mid travel kit has them, so……
Sponsored

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any good offroad shop should be able to do it custom
I can do it on my bandsaw, but time and money. Its easier to weld in laser or water jetted pieces and less time.....mostly time......

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a high clearance gas tank (GenRight, c'mon Tony :giggle:) and a longer arm rear links with the mounts forward and up inside the frame.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a high clearance gas tank (GenRight, c'mon Tony :giggle:) and a longer arm rear links with the mounts forward and up inside the frame.
Side notes, i think we are on the same page alot.....

Raptor lower arms have through bolt shock mounting. They will not work with the bilsteins.

Raptor rear links have higher mounting on the axle, they don't hang so low on the axle side. shock mounting is also modified.

BajaKits LT on bilsteins with 35s(37s) and done? just add skids......

im going to figure out a way to run the ESCVs. I'll get the spring rate right to center the shaft, and they should be close enough for hearty trail running and daily driving.

it'll be hard to do air bumps AND swaybar. one or the other is easy. they need the same real estate without silly packaging....

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be curious to know if a higher rate front spring, with the bypass shocks, would still give a good ride but add enough stiffness to be comfortable without the sway bar. Lots to learn.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be curious to know if a higher rate front spring, with the bypass shocks, would still give a good ride but add enough stiffness to be comfortable without the sway bar. Lots to learn.
I spent the last 4-5 years without a sway bar on my ranger. 99% of the time a good attentive driver is fine. One time I swerved for a deer and almost lost it. I want the swaybar installed for sure!

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent the last 4-5 years without a sway bar on my ranger. 99% of the time a good attentive driver is fine. One time I swerved for a deer and almost lost it. I want the swaybar installed for sure!

Yeah, same with Jeeps. Some say they are comfortable with no sway bar, but most aren't. My Jeeps have sway bars. People posting on the internet have a wide range of acceptable standards. :giggle:

I'm wondering with the Bronco IFS, and stock or near stock height, how it will drive with no sway bar. Just curious how much different IFS will feel compared to SFA. Speaking to one vendor who had tried it, he recommended removing the whole sway bar at home before a trip, and that it drove acceptably without it, then put it back on for normal driving. Something to try. I'm still wondering if the premium price for a BL is worth it just to get the sway bar disconnect. I want my own rims, want my own rock sliders, and don't need a factory steel rear bumper, so the BL is pretty much just to get the sta bar....over a basequatch.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, same with Jeeps. Some say they are comfortable with no sway bar, but most aren't. My Jeeps have sway bars. People posting on the internet have a wide range of acceptable standards. :giggle:

I'm wondering with the Bronco IFS, and stock or near stock height, how it will drive with no sway bar. Just curious how much different IFS will feel compared to SFA. Speaking to one vendor who had tried it, he recommended removing the whole sway bar at home before a trip, and that it drove acceptably without it, then put it back on for normal driving. Something to try. I'm still wondering if the premium price for a BL is worth it just to get the sway bar disconnect. I want my own rims, want my own rock sliders, and don't need a factory steel rear bumper, so the BL is pretty much just to get the sta bar....over a basequatch.
At stock badlands height, there is a lot of roll even with the sway bar, at cornering/highway speeds. The bilsteins slow the motion down and keep it damped, but there is significant pitch and roll. Similar to what I felt in JL, JT rubicon test drives, but with better damping. I would not want any more than that at highway speeds.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)