Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
So where does everyone think the front plate will mount on here? If the hole in the middle of the front bumper is for a winch, they can't put it there like a wrangler, and it looks like everything else is grill or lights so I'm not sure where else it could go.

Ford Bronco Front Plate Mount 1583815264573
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question...extremely unlikely but same as the original? Lol
Ford Bronco Front Plate Mount 20191230_144311

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front plate mount? What’s that? Lol

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So where does everyone think the front plate will mount on here? If the hole in the middle of the front bumper is for a winch, they can't put it there like a wrangler, and it looks like everything else is grill or lights so I'm not sure where else it could go.

Ford Bronco Front Plate Mount 20191230_144311
Ohio is getting rid of them on July 4th! MERICA

OP
OP
Jalisurr

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Over the winch opening. It just hinges up or w/e.

If that's not where they put it, that's where I'll relocate it to, the asymetry would annoy me too much.
Yeah that would be ideal. The only other place I can think is sitting on top of the bumper in the bottom of the grill, it looks like there is a bit of an inset spot there. That's prime lightbar space though, so over the winch opening would be better.

I really wish I didn't need a front plate, but alas, it's not worth asking for trouble by not running it. I just wish cars came with a good spot to mount it anymore, seems like it's an afterthought in car design when older cars used to have dedicated spots for it.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unpopular opinion: I like the front plate because I run a “fun” plate. (I have an Arizona flag on my Jeep!)

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Slap it on the front skip plate. Another 1/16 of an inch of metal won’t hurt no one.

Edit: more I look the more I realize it won’t be seen there at all.... so mount it up front on two rings so it’s free to move.

4B8870F6-5181-4669-AB0F-FCB70C78E20E.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unpopular opinion: I like the front plate because I run a “fun” plate. (I have an Arizona flag on my Jeep!)
Right!
Gotta have a place for the ol' "SEMPER FI" or "USMC" plate!
I'm glad Indiana only runs rear plates AANNDD we now have branch of service "veteran" plates you can get if you show your honorable discharge.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Idaho still requires a front plate. Not for any legitimate law enforcement or public safety reason, though. Whenever talk of eliminating the front plate requirement comes up, all the opponents can come up with is "think of the children!" and "muh criminals don't use front plates." It's so tiresome.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ohio Eliminated the need for a front plate. Goes into effect 4th of July. (Taking our all my cars front plate then) as long as the fat lazy cops don’t get their way.

they claim it’s “to help curb child trafficking so we can find cars faster.” Because criminals use registered cars right? no it’s because they got fancy new hand held speed guns that auto send tickets. (Like a red light camera) so no front plate, can’t use on convincing traffic. Means less tickets. Also they won’t be able to do laps around the parking lot scanning plates to find warrants.

but IF they do, and it gets repealed I still don’t know where it will go. And I HAVE to have it. I live 200 feet from a sheriff station. It’s a no go to even have a blinker out.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had this on the front of my last vehicle.
Ford Bronco Front Plate Mount rap3

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front Plate Mount rap3
This is what we've been reduced to. Discussing license plate placement. All the COOL STATES don't have front plates. Sorry about your state not being a cool state and having front plates.
Sponsored