First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my Bronco about a week ago. Hasn’t really rained much except last night. This morning on the way to work a few drops of water hit the back of my hand pulling out of the driveway. I pulled the panels off after work and noticed this seal looked odd. The way it was positioned seemed to prevent the seal from actually sealing. Fingers crossed this was the issue next time it rains.

Ford Bronco Front Roof Seal 06F57B45-7185-4E72-B514-F966977404F3

Ford Bronco Front Roof Seal 1546FE2B-B873-446C-BA5C-0BC9512E7125

Ford Bronco Front Roof Seal EB8150FF-52A0-45A7-98BD-67DA565008A8
Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry for the bad news but that is a known recall. Mine is in the shop for the second time. The first time, I found that my driver side floor was soaked when I originally picked up my bronco. They must have run it through the car wash as a shitty attempt at detailing. The looked it up and found that there is a recall, first they have dealt with at my dealer. None the less, I waited a month and a half avoiding rain and car washes to be able to get a loaner and get the new seal in only to have them call one day in the shop to say they didn’t realize they needed a paint pen so because they will scrap the shit out of the paint getting the seal off. Well one week then two then three went by with me continuing to hound them. I finally demanded their body shop do a paint match which they did. After a month I finally got the bronco back with a shitty paint job, be it out of site… still. Oh and they dropped 4-6 small droplets of paint on my seat and center console. Well I was not happy with Jim bob using a finger nail polish to apply the paint, so I demanded they actually paint it professionally by spraying it on. They kept trying to say original paint is the best and they don’t recommend… oh but using a shitty paint brush is better, come on! Anyway after a month on waiting for them to figure out and get fords approval they finally scheduled me to get it done correctly. Oh but wait… I asked won’t the need take the seal off to paint, oh know.. they will just tape it off. It will only take a couple days. Well guess what, they ended up having to take it off, now I am waiting another week and a half for the second new seal. What am f’in joke!!!!!! Good luck! I highly recommend you plan a road trip for this fix so you can put the miles on their loaner!!!

OP
OP
MistaGavin

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry for the bad news but that is a known recall. Mine is in the shop for the second time. The first time, I found that my driver side floor was soaked when I originally picked up my bronco. They must have run it through the car wash as a shitty attempt at detailing. The looked it up and found that there is a recall, first they have dealt with at my dealer. None the less, I waited a month and a half avoiding rain and car washes to be able to get a loaner and get the new seal in only to have them call one day in the shop to say they didn’t realize they needed a paint pen so because they will scrap the shit out of the paint getting the seal off. Well one week then two then three went by with me continuing to hound them. I finally demanded their body shop do a paint match which they did. After a month I finally got the bronco back with a shitty paint job, be it out of site… still. Oh and they dropped 4-6 small droplets of paint on my seat and center console. Well I was not happy with Jim bob using a finger nail polish to apply the paint, so I demanded they actually paint it professionally by spraying it on. They kept trying to say original paint is the best and they don’t recommend… oh but using a shitty paint brush is better, come on! Anyway after a month on waiting for them to figure out and get fords approval they finally scheduled me to get it done correctly. Oh but wait… I asked won’t the need take the seal off to paint, oh know.. they will just tape it off. It will only take a couple days. Well guess what, they ended up having to take it off, now I am waiting another week and a half for the second new seal. What am f’in joke!!!!!! Good luck! I highly recommend you plan a road trip for this fix so you can put the miles on their loaner!!!
I'm not sure how severe your issue was but I'm hoping mine is fixed by me tucking the seal back into where it appeared to belong. I tucked it behind 1/2 roof brackets in the 2nd pic and both in the 3rd. Time will tell if the adjustment keeps me from getting wet.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not sure how severe your issue was but I'm hoping mine is fixed by me tucking the seal back into where it appeared to belong. I tucked it behind 1/2 roof brackets in the 2nd pic and both in the 3rd. Time will tell if the adjustment keeps me from getting wet.
Sorry but it was fine the first time. That flap is not a seal, just cosmetic trim. The actual seal is above it where the panel touches.

This windshield leak is a known defect your dealer will have to address. Although a couple drops of water might not be a real issue, sometimes adjusting the panels can fix a minor leak.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm. Mine looks like this but my soft top hasn't leaked, to my knowledge...and we've put it through some considerable rains/ touchless car washes/ etc...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my Bronco about a week ago. Hasn’t really rained much except last night. This morning on the way to work a few drops of water hit the back of my hand pulling out of the driveway. I pulled the panels off after work and noticed this seal looked odd. The way it was positioned seemed to prevent the seal from actually sealing. Fingers crossed this was the issue next time it rains.
Good morning. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's seal concerns!

OP
OP
MistaGavin

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good morning. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's seal concerns!
If the issue persists I’ll take it to the dealer but I haven’t involved them yet. I have a feeling my panels may not have been seated properly.

Swallace05

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the issue persists I’ll take it to the dealer but I haven’t involved them yet. I have a feeling my panels may not have been seated properly.
I've been scouring the forum to see if anyone has the same problem I'm having with my hardtop. Did you ever have yours looked at or fixed. I took delivery of my Bronco 2 weeks ago and the day after delivery I noticed that my driver's side panel wasn't sitting flat against my roof. I contacted the dealership and Ford about it. They looked at it, we agreed that it appeared the panels were out of alignment, then proceeded to order new roof panels. Took it in today for the warranty work, picked it up, and it still looks wrong and is still noisey. The tech was insistant that that was how it was supposed to sit. Also, my passenger side is hard to remove and reseat. Again the tech insists it's designed that way. Soooo.... I drove to another dealership 30 miles away that had 3 on hand. Their hardtops look perfectly seated. I'm so aggravated right now. I know Ford will be contacting tomorrow because I have an open case, but how do I get them to understand that it is not right?

IMG-0523.jpg

OP
OP
MistaGavin

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been scouring the forum to see if anyone has the same problem I'm having with my hardtop. Did you ever have yours looked at or fixed. I took delivery of my Bronco 2 weeks ago and the day after delivery I noticed that my driver's side panel wasn't sitting flat against my roof. I contacted the dealership and Ford about it. They looked at it, we agreed that it appeared the panels were out of alignment, then proceeded to order new roof panels. Took it in today for the warranty work, picked it up, and it still looks wrong and is still noisey. The tech was insistant that that was how it was supposed to sit. Also, my passenger side is hard to remove and reseat. Again the tech insists it's designed that way. Soooo.... I drove to another dealership 30 miles away that had 3 on hand. Their hardtops look perfectly seated. I'm so aggravated right now. I know Ford will be contacting tomorrow because I have an open case, but how do I get them to understand that it is not right?

IMG-0523.jpg
It looks like you have a different issue, my panels were not that out of alignment. I haven’t had an issue since I removed and reattached them. You may want to ensure your panels are attached to the mounting locatings properly.

Pictures of the panels in the correct position and the seal not being compressed should be proof enough.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMG-0523.jpg
That’s pretty bad. Looks like the latch isn’t pulling the panel in tight enough. I would look at the latch and bracket in that corner and verify everything looks ok. There is a little alignment disc that might not be seating correctly too.

And damn, nice to see the quality of the mic panels is still garbage. Those looks like crap. As do mine from last year.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Front Roof Seal IMG-0523

My front panels look exactly like yours and my front passenger panel is exactly as you describe. I forgot to mention this concern when I brought the Bronco to my dealer for servicing and other warranty issues, a couple weeks ago. I'll need to bring it up when I go back.

Swallace05

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s pretty bad. Looks like the latch isn’t pulling the panel in tight enough. I would look at the latch and bracket in that corner and verify everything looks ok. There is a little alignment disc that might not be seating correctly too.

And damn, nice to see the quality of the mic panels is still garbage. Those looks like crap. As do mine from last year.
Did you notice the nice scuff marks? I got 2 new panels today, so no more scuffs. The panels latch down pretty tight. My thought is that maybe the bracket is misaligned? Seems if the bracket could be moved down just a tad, then it would pull the panel on down to the roof. I don't know if that's possible or not, but they won't even acknowldge that idea. It's just frustrating to wait so long for it and now have to deal with this problem.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you notice the nice scuff marks? I got 2 new panels today, so no more scuffs. The panels latch down pretty tight. My thought is that maybe the bracket is misaligned? Seems if the bracket could be moved down just a tad, then it would pull the panel on down to the roof. I don't know if that's possible or not, but they won't even acknowldge that idea. It's just frustrating to wait so long for it and now have to deal with this problem.
Scuffs and snakeskin. Glad the new ones are better.

Yes it looks like maybe the bracket needs to be adjusted. It’s just a couple bolts. I would loosen it and see if it can be moved a bit to see if that lets the alignment pins settle in better.
Sponsored