First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am so needing a basic roof rack for like $600. Easy to install and remove. I can then add kayak carriers. I don't want to spend anything more to carry simple kayaks or paddle boards.
Sponsored

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so needing a basic roof rack for like $600. Easy to install and remove. I can then add kayak carriers. I don't want to spend anything more to carry simple kayaks or paddle boards.
You might be able to find a factory rack in the classified section of this site for a reasonable price.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reached out to Frontrunner on FB and got a response back stating, "We are very close to the release, and will be getting it out very soon on the website."

Good news and great that they replied, though I am a little hesitant any time a business says "very soon". For me, that's maybe a few days. For some, that means Q3 this year.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. I almost forgot about Front Runner as a contender. I like their style and clean lines. Hoping they announce soon. Now that I have a hard top - I’m getting antsy for camping/fishing season and a roof rack solution.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reached out in April and this was there response.

"
images.png
Andrew (Front Runner)
Apr 10, 2023, 18:44 GMT+2

Thanks for reaching out. Yes we will be releasing a rack for the full size bronco very soon. I hope to see it available by end of summer time. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee a time frame.

Getting closer

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it is not like all the others on the market that are narrow and don't come out to the side of the body. I never understood that approach.

If you look at a Jeep, which has a squared off roof, the racks extend to the edge. But with the Bronco, everybody is sticking to the smaller crown area of the roof. Lost utility.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope it is not like all the others on the market that are narrow and don't come out to the side of the body. I never understood that approach.

If you look at a Jeep, which has a squared off roof, the racks extend to the edge. But with the Bronco, everybody is sticking to the smaller crown area of the roof. Lost utility.
Archetype Racing is developing one that sticks out further. From the renders, I’m not into it.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Archetype Racing is developing one that sticks out further. From the renders, I’m not into it.
I saw that one and love it. It looks very strong and useful. The narrow ones look wimpy, like they belong on a Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw that one and love it. It looks very strong and useful. The narrow ones look wimpy, like they belong on a Bronco Sport.
I agree that it will be well constructed and high quality with attention to detail - but, the wider than roof dimensions looks strange IMO. I guess we’ll see once they provide more than renderings. I love their stuff and if they have the modularity that Curtis is claiming - I’ll likely make the switch over from my RCI. I just couldn’t wait another camping season.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that it will be well constructed and high quality with attention to detail - but, the wider than roof dimensions looks strange IMO. I guess we’ll see once they provide more than renderings. I love their stuff and if they have the modularity that Curtis is claiming - I’ll likely make the switch over from my RCI. I just couldn’t wait another camping season.
Mine is coming in with an OEM rack, so hoping they option it for attachment to the OEM rails as they did on the Sport. We have one on the wife's and its top quality and the attachment to the rails is well engineered and solid as hell. I really want to take advantage of the cross-modularity for their accessories between (my :cool:)Bronco and (her ;))Sport...but in the end the cross member just use T-slot tech so can find a way.
Sponsored